Here’s what you need for the Avocado and Edamame SpreadIngredients:
- Olive Oil
- Lime Juice
Avocado and Edamame Spread Recipe
Perfect for dipping with pita chips or veggies, these healthy spreads will have your guests coming back for seconds
- 1-16 ounce package frozen shelled edamame
- 2 avocados - peeled pitted, and cubed
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- salt to taste
Boil the edamame for 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and then rinse with cold water.
Combine the edamame, avocado, garlic, olive oil, lime juice, water and salt in a blender or food processor; pulse until smooth.
Serve as a spread on sandwiches or with pita chips as a dip.
For the Homemade HummusIngredients:
- garbanzo beans (I use reduced sodium)
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- lemon juice (1 whole lemon)
- water sesame seeds