One of my son’s favorite combinations is mint and chocolate. These Oreo cookie bars are no exception! They make a delicious and festive dessert for the upcoming St. Patricks Day holiday, or any celebration really! I mean – do we really need a reason to indulge? 😉 In less than an hour, you can have these decadent Mint Oreo Cookie Bars ready to go!
Mint Oreo Cookie Bars Recipe
- 2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- 2 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolk
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 C flour
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 C chocolate chips
- 2 C Mint M&M’s
- 24 Mint Oreo cookies, chopped
- 1 9×13 baking dish lined with parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the melted butter, sugar and brown sugar until combined.
- Mix in the eggs and egg yolk one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
- Mix in the vanilla
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into the wet until completely combined.
- Mix in 1 ½ C chocolate chips, 1 ½ C M&M’s and half of the chopped Oreos.
- Spread the batter into the baking dish and top with remaining chocolate chips, m&m’s and chopped Oreos.
- Bake 40 minutes or until edges just begin to turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting, and enjoy!
So, whether it’s the luck of the Irish that brought you to this indulgent treat or another reason – make sure to save this recipe to your favorites or pin it to Pinterest. Trust me, your family will thank you.