Celebrating Mardi Gras? Move over King Cake…this amazing New Orleans inspired dessert is worth adding to your party menu: Mardi Gras Chocolate Covered Oreos!
Fat Tuesday is February 9th this year, so there’s plenty of time to get the supplies needed to make this decadent dessert for your party guests!
Mardi Gras Dessert Chocolate Covered Oreos
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
12 double-stuffed Oreos
2 Tbsp solid shortening
1 cup Wilton lavender chocolate melts
1 cup Wilton vibrant green chocolate melts
Wilton gold sugar sprinkles
2 cookie/candy molds, like these (6 on each sheet)
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
2. In a double boiler pan, melt 1 tablespoon solid shortening.
3. Add 1 cup purple chocolate melts to the shortening and stir until completely melted.
4. Pour 1 T of the melted chocolate into each mold to cover the bottom entirely.
5. Place an Oreo into each mold, on top of the melted chocolate.
6. Using a Tablespoon, pour more melted chocolate on top of the Oreo until the mold is full.
7. Refrigerate for one hour.
8. Repeat steps 2-7 using 1 T solid shortening and vibrant green chocolate melts.
9. Remove candy molds from refrigerator after one hour.
10. Gently press down on the molds to lift the cookies out onto the baking sheet.
11. Sprinkle each cookie with gold sugar crystal sprinkles and enjoy!
Not only do these Mardi Gras dessert cookies look festive, but they taste amazing too! Yum!
How will you be celebrating Mardi Gras this year?