Mexican Cornbread RecipeWhether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or just looking for some Mexican-inspired dishes, this cornbread recipe is sure to be a hit! Here’s how to make Mexican cornbread. Measurements with easy to follow printable directions are at the end of the post. Dry Ingredients:
- 1 c yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c sugar (1/2 c if you like it sweeter)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 c whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c butter melted
- 1-(14.75 oz) can sweet corn cream style (no salt added)
- 1-(7 oz) can diced green chiles (mild or hot)
- 1 c shredded colby jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Place wet ingredients in another bowl and mix until combined.
- Combine wet and the dry ingredients, stir until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour into a buttered, 9×13 inch baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean from center.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before cutting. Serve warm topped with butter.
Print the Cornbread Recipe below!
Mexican Cornbread Recipe
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or just looking for some Mexican-inspired dishes, this cornbread recipe is sure to be a hit!