Meatloaf and Cauliflower Mashed PotatoesMy mom made meatloaf often when we were kids. It’s a favorite family dinner meal of mine. This recipe is a healthier version, especially with a side of cauliflower mash! Measurements with easy to follow printable directions are at the end of the post. Let’s start with the homemade meatloaf. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ground beef (or pork, veal, lamb, or a mix if you prefer)
- Italian bread crumbs
- whole milk
- Worcestershire sauce
- yellow onion
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onions and carrots, and cook until the onions are translucent and the carrots have softened (6 to 8 minutes). You do not want to brown the vegetables. Add the garlic and thyme, stir and cook another 30 seconds. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Place the ground meat, bread crumbs, milk, ketchup, beaten eggs, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, pepper, and cooked vegetables in a large bowl. Mix all ingredients with your hands until they are all combined.
- Transfer the meatloaf mixture to the parchment-lined loaf pan. Push down on the mixture to make sure there are no air pockets.
- In a small bowl, add 1/3 cup ketchup, the brown sugar, and mustard. Stir to combine. Pour the sauce on top of the meatloaf and spread it into an even layer.
- Bake uncovered for 55-60 minutes or until the middle of the meatloaf registers at least 155°F on an instant-read thermometer
- Let the meatloaf rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Now onto that delish cauliflower mashed potatoes recipe!Ingredients:
- red potatoes
- unsalted butter
- sour cream
Meatloaf and Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
My mom made meatloaf often when we were kids. It’s a favorite family dinner meal of mine. This recipe is a healthier version, especially with a side of cauliflower mash!