Sous Vide steak is how you can get melt-in-your-mouth steak. Once you’ve had it, you’ll never look back. It’s that good. How do you make sous vide steak? We’ll walk you through the easy process and give you all the details on cooking the perfect sous vide steak.
How to make Sous Vide Steak
Everyone has a preference when it comes to steak. Whether you prefer it rare or well done or something in between, we know just how long to sous vide steak to get it right for you!
Measurements with easy to follow printable directions are at the end of the post.
- 2 (1 1/2”) USDA prime top sirloins
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Thyme (fresh or dry)
- Rosemary (fresh or dry)
- 2 pats unsalted butter
- Rub steaks with olive oil, sprinkle with seasonings, pat the herbs into the meat, flip steaks and do the same on the reverse side. Once meat is seasoned place in a food saver bag, add 1 pat of butter on top of each steak. Seal bags and place in the fridge overnight.
- Once ready to cook, fill your sous vide container or pot with water and turn the machine on to 130° F for rare, or to the desired finished temperature.
- Clip the sealed bag to the side of the container or pot to keep it submerged and cook for 2 hours.
- Remove the bag from the water bath and let the steak rest in the fridge for 15 minutes. Next, cut the bag open and place the steak on a plate and pat dry (add more seasonings if needed).
Heat the Camp Chef sear box or gas grill on high to reverse sear the steak; sear 1-2 minutes, flip steak, sear 1-2 minutes more, than turn a quarter turn to right and flip steak, sear 1-2 minutes, and for final sear turn a quarter turn than flip and sear 1-2 minutes, to get sear marks. With instant read thermometer check internal temperature.
Sous Vide Steak Temperatures
Depending on how you like your steak, you’ll want to follow these steps for the right temperature and cook time.
Cook Temperature Time
– Rare 125° F / 51.6° C 1 to 3 hours
– Medium Rare 130° F / 54.4° C 1 to 3 hours
– Medium 140° F / 60° C 1 to 3 hours
– Well Done 160° F / 71° C 1 to 3 hours
Get ready for the most delicious steak ever and you didn’t even go to a restaurant to pay premium prices!
We hope you love this flavorful mouthwatering dinner recipe! Leave a comment below if you try it.