Happy Friday! Who’s ready for a refreshing cocktail to begin the weekend? Check out this tasty Strawberry Rhubarb Shandy recipe! Don’t worry – I have alternative if you prefer a non-alcoholic version. Either way this drink is perfect for cooling off during the summer heat.
Strawberry Rhubarb Shandy
1 Pound rhubarb
½ Cup sugar
¼ Cup pureed strawberries
3 Cups cold beer
- Finely chop the rhubarb and take it to a saucepan of boiling water.
- Reduce to medium heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the solids, add the sugar and stir over medium heat for 5 additional minutes.
- Let the syrup cool for 10 minutes.
- In a glass add ice, 2 oz. of syrup, 1 tsp pureed strawberries, and fill with beer.
- Mix everything together.
- Top and garnish with strawberries and enjoy.
Use a light and simple beer in order to highlight the taste of the strawberry and rhubarb.
For non-alcoholic version substitute beer for non-alcoholic beer or ginger beer.
Doesn’t this look and sound amazing? It’s a great drink to offer guests during a BBQ or another gathering. Looking for more drink recipes? Check out this Ginger Lime Spritzer or Easy Summer Punch (non alcoholic).