Have you seen the dalgona coffee craze taking over the internet lately? This new way of drinking coffee suggests whipping the ingredients together until it’s creamy and frothy. We’re sharing a kid-friendly dalgona recipe below just in time for summer!
Kid-Friendly Dalgona Recipe
In place of instant coffee powder (which is typically used to make dalgona), we’ve substituted a chocolate-flavored powder making this dreamy beverage great for the whole family to enjoy! It takes just a few minutes to whip up and makes a great treat for breakfast for dessert!
Measurements with easy to follow printable directions are at the bottom of this post.
- cold whipping cream
- chocolate-flavored powder (think Nesquik or chocolate protein powder)
- milk or a substitute like almond milk
- Ice (if desired)
2. Add the chocolate-flavored powder and keep mixing until the cream is whipped.
4. On top, put a few spoons of the whipped chocolate.
5. Your Whipped Dalgona Chocolate is ready! Use a spoon to mix the blend with the milk as you drink it.
Tip: Cold milk can easily be substituted for warm milk when the weather is colder. It’s like an upgraded version of hot cocoa – yum!
Occasionally, you can find it topped with cocoa, crumbled biscotti, honey, or even chocolate pieces like we’ve done here. Trust me this will be your family’s new favorite beverage to enjoy!
Wondering how to make dalgona coffee? It’s made the same way, just use instant coffee instead of powdered chocolate!
Print the recipe below!
A delicious dalgona beverage that's kid-friendly too!
1 cup of cold whipping cream (I usually put it in the freezer half an hour before starting) 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of a chocolate-flavored powder Milk or alternative like almond milk Ice cubes (if desired)
1. In a bowl, beat the whipping cream well using a hand mixer or whisk until it starts gaining consistency. 2. Add the chocolate-flavored powder and keep mixing until the cream is whipped. 3. Fill a mug or a cup until about 2/3 with cold milk. Add ice for an even cooler beverage. 4. On top, put a few spoons of the whipped chocolate. 5. Your Whipped Dalgona Chocolate is ready! Use a spoon to mix the blend with the milk as you drink it.
Cold milk can easily be substituted for warm milk when the weather is colder. It’s like an upgraded version of hot cocoa – yum!
We hope you and your family enjoy this delicious dalgona inspired beverage! For other recipe favorites, check out the posts below.