Homemade Vegetable Soup RecipeThis homemade soup recipe can be ready in under an hour and tastes delicious! It pairs perfectly with crispy grilled cheese sandwiches, and there will be plenty of leftovers to freeze or eat another day. Measurements with easy to follow printable directions are at the end of the post. Ingredients:
- olive oil
- onion, diced
- carrots, peeled and diced
- celery sticks, diced
- red bell pepper, diced
- zucchini, diced
- garlic cloves, minced
- Italian seasoning
- ground black pepper & kosher salt
- black beans drained and rinsed
- crushed tomatoes-fire roasted
- diced tomatoes-fire roasted
- bone broth unsalted (I used chicken)
- frozen veggie mix (optional)
- In large stock pot add olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, and stir. Add diced veggies to pot as you dice them and stir. Do not let veggies burn. Turn heat down if needed.
- Add Italian seasoning, pepper and salt, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Next, put rinsed black beans in pot, mix in. Add in both cans of tomatoes, stir, cover with lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour in bone broth and simmer another 10 minutes, covered.
- If using frozen veggies add now. Simmer for at least 20 minutes. Then serve and enjoy.
Print the Homemade Vegetable Soup Recipe below!
Homemade Vegetable Soup
This homemade soup recipe can be ready in under an hour and tastes delicious! It pairs perfectly with crispy grilled cheese sandwiches, and there will be plenty of leftovers to freeze or eat another day.