This post brought to you by NABISCO Cookies and Crackers. The content and opinions expressed below are that of My Boys and Their Toys.
Impress your guests this Thanksgiving with these meal planning tips and amazing marshmallow dessert idea! Whether you’re planning your first or 20th Thanksgiving meal, here’s some ways to make it a success.
Be the Ultimate Party Planner with these Holiday Tips:
- Plan your menu in advance. There’s nothing like scrambling last-minute to put something together and not having enough ingredients on hand. A few classics to consider: Turkey or Ham, mashed potatoes and a really good dessert.
- Have a back-up. If one of your dishes falls flat before it hits the table, have a back-up plan. Buy rolls from the bakery incase you burn your crescent rolls, and buy a jar of gravy just incase your homemade version doesn’t pan out.
- Making your own pie? Prep the dough ahead of time and freeze them until needed.
- Save oven space by making some of the dishes on the stove top (or asking family/friends to bring a dish). This will keep you on track for dinner at the scheduled time.
- It’s okay to use some store-bought items. Thanksgiving is about spending time together, so don’t overwork yourself in the kitchen.
- Don’t forget appetizers. Your guests can’t wait for dinner, but smelling all those delicious meals being created in the kitchen can work up any appetite. Have a few appetizers dishes prepped and ready.
- Keep the kids busy. Have a classic movie or fun craft station prepped in another room for kids to enjoy.
- End on a high note – with a delicious dessert (like the one I’m sharing below)!
Peanut butter, nilla wafers, marshmallow…oh my! Talk about a delicious combination. I shopped at Publix for the ingredients to pull of this simple and delicious dessert – just in time for the holidays!
Nilla, PB and Mallow Squares:
- 1 package (11 oz) Nilla Wafers, divided
- 6 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (10 oz) peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1-1/2 cups dry-roasted peanuts
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 oz white baking chocolate
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Next, line a 9 inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Reserve 20 wafers; finely crush remaining wafers. Melt 5 tbsp. butter; mix with wafer crumbs. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes.
Stand remaining wafers, top sides out, around side of pan. (See picture above) Sprinkle marshmallows over crust. Bake 3-5 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed.
Meanwhile, microwave peanut butter chips, honey and remaining butter in microwaveable bowl on high 1 minute 15 seconds, or until chips are completely melted. Mix well then add nuts and cereal; mix well.
Press peanut butter mixture over marshmallows so it completely covers the dish. Refrigerate 2 hours.
Finally, melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over dessert. Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan before cutting into squares.
Recipe derived from Nabisco.
My whole family loves this ooey gooey dessert and I can’t wait to make it again! If you’re looking for an easy to pull off dessert recipe for the upcoming holiday – I definitely recommend this one!
For more tips and money-saving coupons, head to the NABISCO Party Planner website.