Craving something savory at breakfast time? Try this healthy alternative – Chocolate Oatmeal with Strawberries! Oatmeal has long been known as a whole-grain powerhouse. It’s packed with nutritious benefits that can help lower cholesterol and fiber. It’s great for both your heart and belly! Read on to grab this healthy breakfast recipe.
Chocolate Oatmeal with Strawberries
1 Cup regular oats
2 Cups almond milk (or regular milk)
8 Sliced strawberries
¼ Tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Add oats and milk to a pot and let it boil.
- Next, add vanilla extract and cocoa powder, and stir.
- Let it simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup and stir for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with chopped strawberries. Enjoy!
Want even more flavor? Consider adding some peanut butter while cooking. Not a fan of strawberries? Substitute for bananas instead!
Kids and adults will both enjoy this easy breakfast option. It’s also a great post-workout snack when you add peanut butter to the recipe for protein. I look for any way to sneak chocolate into my day, don’t you? 😉
Doesn’t it look delicious? Go ahead and give it a try!
Here’s a few other breakfast favorites:
What’s your favorite breakfast recipe?