BurgerFi Corporate Executive Chef Paul Griffin shares 5 tips for making the best burgers at home:
- Put what would traditionally be a side on your burger – i.e. fried egg, hash browns, bacon
- Spice up condiments- add garlic, jalapenos or Sriracha for that extra kick
- Cheeses make all the difference. It’s OK if you like to play it safe with a standard American slice, but switching out this option with cheeses such as Gouda, Blue Cheese and Brie can add bursts of flavor to your creation
- Grill up veggies, such as mushrooms and peppers, to give your burger an extra fire grilled taste
- Looking to lose the bun? Wrap burgers in hand-cut lettuce and load burger with grilled veggies for a healthier alternative
I was invited as media to do a restaurant review. All opinions are my own.
I never knew how popular BurgerFi was until I announced at work that I would be reviewing the Florida based restaurant chain. My co-workers told me things like, “they have the best burgers”, “my son lives off BurgerFi”, or “can I come too”! With interest peaked I drove to the Altamonte Springs location to check out what this eco-friendly fast food joint had to offer.
The staff greeted me right away and I liked the signage throughout the store, which focuses how they save energy, have the freshest product, and are proud of the quality of their food.
The menu focuses on American favorites like obviously an assortment of burgers, but it also includes hotdogs, grilled chicken sandwich, hand cut fries, onion rings, custard floats, custard shakes, and my personal favorite custard concretes. You gotta try Oh My Chocolate, which contains chocolate custard, peanut butter, brownies, chocolate chips, and sprinkles. Peanut butter and chocolate enough said.
I appreciate that their food is fresh and never frozen. Their beef contains no hormones or antibiotics and is 100 percent certified Angus beef.
We tried BurgerFi’s newest burger creations, The CEO and Breakfast All Day Burgers. They were both delicious. The CEO is a double patty Wagyu plus brisket blend burger with homemade candied bacon-tomato jam, truffle aioli, and aged Swiss cheese. It’s one of the best burgers I’ve eaten. The Breakfast All Day Burger combined your breakfast favorites like bacon, maple syrup, fried egg, and a hash brown with an all natural Angus burger, grilled onions, and ketchup, talk about a mouth full. The combination sounds a little peculiar, but you gotta try it out!
To accompany our burgers we sampled their regular hand-cut fries and the parmesan-herb fries with garlic aioli. Both were good, but I found myself continuing to eat from the parmesan fries because the garlic aioli dip was addicting!
If you are looking for an all American dining experience with great healthy food choices then check out your local BurgerFi. They offer online ordering if you are in a rush, but I would suggest eating in the restaurant. They have flat screen televisions to watch the game and a great assortment of local craft beers and wine.
What’s the best burger you’ve ever tasted?