Today’s post is sponsored by Mondelez International. All opinions are my own.
Can you believe it’s November already? This year is flying by! It is my favorite time of year for many reasons, one being all of the delicious food we are able to enjoy during this festive season with friends and family. If you’re hosting Thanksgiving dinner, or participating in a potluck style holiday, this Apple Cheddar Melts recipe is incredibly simple to create and delicious too!
This bite size appetizer offers the perfect mix between sweet and savory with a crunch! It will tide your guests over until the main course as well. If you’re a fan of TRISCUIT crackers, read on to grab the recipe below.
5 Minute Thanksgiving Appetizer – Apple-Cheddar Melts:
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 each small red and green apple, cut into 20 slices
- 1 pkg (8 oz) extra-sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 20 slices (I opted for shredded cheese)
- 40 TRISCUIT crackers
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut cheese slices diagonally in half. Mix cinnamon and sugar in medium bowl. Add apple slices and toss to coat.
3. Place crackers on baking sheet; top with cheese and apples.
4. Bake 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
I paired this tasty appetizer with butternut squash dip from scratch. Let’s just say – the entire appetizer was gone fairly quickly.
Do you have a favorite party appetizer that you like to serve friends and family this time of year? Be sure to check out even more delicious ideas at the Ultimate Party Planner website and snag great coupons for Nabisco products that you love, then pick up your ingredients at Publix.
This Apple-Cheddar Melts recipe is blogger tested and approved! Look out for more holiday entertaining recipes coming your way soon!