It is my favorite time of year for many reasons, one being all of the delicious food we are able to enjoy during this festive season with friends and family. If you’re hosting Thanksgiving dinner or participating in a potluck style holiday, this Apple Cheddar Melts recipe is incredibly simple to create and delicious too!
This bite-sized appetizer offers the perfect mix between sweet and savory with a crunch, and the best part is it only takes 5 minutes total! It’s a great appetizer to tide your guests over until the main course.
If you’re a fan of TRISCUIT crackers, read on to grab the recipe below.
Today’s post is sponsored by Mondelez International. All opinions are my own.
5 Minute Thanksgiving Appetizer – Apple Cheddar Melts:
Measurements with easy to follow printable directions are available at the bottom of this post.
- ground cinnamon
- red and green apple
- extra-sharp cheddar cheese or shredded cheese
- 40 TRISCUIT crackers
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut cheese slices diagonally in half. Mix cinnamon and sugar in medium bowl. Add apple slices and toss to coat.
3. Place crackers on baking sheet; top with cheese and apples.
4. Bake 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
I paired this tasty appetizer with butternut squash dip from scratch. Let’s just say – the entire appetizer was gone fairly quickly.
Print the recipe below!
Apple Cheddar Bites
An easy 5 minute appetizer for holidays and parties
½ cup sugar ½ tsp ground cinnamon 1 each small red and green apple, cut into 20 slices 1 pkg (8 oz) extra-sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 20 slices (I opted for shredded cheese) 40 TRISCUIT crackers
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees 2. Cut cheese slices diagonally in half. Mix cinnamon and sugar in medium bowl. Add apple slices and toss to coat. 3. Place crackers on baking sheet; top with cheese and apples. 4. Bake 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Do you have a favorite party appetizer that you like to serve friends and family this time of year?
This Apple-Cheddar Melts recipe is blogger tested and approved! Look out for more holiday entertaining recipes coming your way soon!