Planning on vacationing at the happiest place on earth? This 2020 Disney World crowd calendar is key! These dates reflect predictions based on holidays, special theme park events, local school calendars, and our personal past experience. Check out the Disney crowd calendar below and pin this post for reference when booking your Disney vacation!
2020 Disney World Crowd Calendar
While 2020 doesn’t have a lot of new attractions scheduled to open at the Disney parks, there are a few exciting new things that will affect the crowds. The re-imagination of Epcot being the largest theme park transformation in Disney’s history. Here’s what you can expect to see in 2020:
- January 2020, the France pavilion in the World Showcase at Epcot will open a new Beauty and the Beast singalong.
- Feb 2020 brings a whole new way to dine with Space 220 restaurant located near Mission Space in Epcot.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, the first attraction at DW to feature the pair will open in the Chinese Theater at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on March 4, 2020.
- The American pavilion in Epcot has a new fast-casual restaurant, Regal Eagle Smokehouse, rumored to open by March 2020.
- “Harmonious” will debut at Epcot in Spring 2020 as the largest nighttime spectacular ever created for a Disney park.
- Summer 2020 will bring Chef Remy’s kitchen antics to the France pavilion at Epcot.
- La Crêperie de Paris will also open at Epcot this summer.
- Continuing with the Epcot transformation, 3 new films will open at the Canada and China pavilions, as well as The Land.
- Toy Story Land Round-Up Rodeo is opening sometime in 2020 at Hollywood Studios.
For more details on these new openings, head here.
It’s also important to point out Galaxy’s Edge opened at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in late summer 2019, however, the second ride – Rise of the Resistance only opened in December of 2019, bringing quite the crowd of fans! Trust me – it’s incredible what they’ve done over there, and the newest ride is amazing!
So while I’d love to say this Disney World crowd calendar reflects all parks, I would lean on this more for Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom crowds this year. Hollywood Studios is still expected to have large crowds throughout the year, and Epcot has a majority of the park updates, plus festivals that run practically year-round making it hard to gauge the crowds.
So if you’re looking for the best months to visit Walt Disney World in 2020 that have low crowds, as a local I’d have to recommend late April, early May or the month of September.
Be sure to pin the Disney World crowd calendar for safekeeping, or save this page to your favorites to return to when booking your Disney World vacation.
For more information on the Disney parks, check out our theme park section on the blog.
And finally, check out this post where 18+ Disney Bloggers weigh in on the 10 Best Disney World Rides!