Beginning a new chapter in its nearly 40-year heritage, Wyndham Orlando Resort and owner I Shops LLC announced plans to break ground on an extensive multi-million dollar re-imagination, further establishing its landmark location on the world-renowned International Drive and bringing an unprecedented resort concept to Orlando. The resort is cutting out some of its hotel space to make way for a full strip of shops on International Drive, including (possibly) the biggest Walgreens to date!
As part of the revitalization of International Drive, ownership has initiated dynamic enhancements at Wyndham Orlando Resort taking place throughout the remainder of 2012, with anticipated completion in May 2013. Guests will see a complete refurbishment and upgrade to all 613 guest rooms and suites which will showcase modern resort-chic décor; a dramatic sense of arrival with a meandering pathway leading to a grand porte-cochére; and an expansive, newly constructed lobby and conference center.
The resort recently hosted a media event and I was invited to join in on the sneak peek of the new design of the Wyndham Orlando Resort. We dined on a delicious cuisine and “swamp juice” at their poolside bar: Gatorville Bar & Grille. Chef Patrick treated us to prawns, short ribs, lamb chops and bananas foster for dessert.
The bananas foster presentation was really neat! And I couldn’t get enough of it, yum!
There’s nothing in Orlando that offers a room decor quite like this; Chic and upscale! Here’s what all the hotel rooms will soon look like. I am looking forward to the redevelopment and hope to visit next year once it is completed to see the finished project.
The developments are expected to help bring International Drive back to its place as the epicenter of excitement and entertainment. Project details:
– The addition of an estimated 25,000 sq. ft. of new, highly flexible function space, for a total of 60,000 sq. ft. of meeting space;
– State-of-the-art communications, Master Antenna Television system (MATV) and internet systems throughout resort;
– Complete floor-to-ceiling remodel of all guest rooms and suites with resort-chic décor package;
– An enhanced arrival experience, showcasing an expansive new-build, modern lobby;
– Redesigned roads and walkways to improve traffic flow and enhance pedestrian connectivity;
– And the addition of surrounding I-Shops restaurants and retail shops to the resort grounds, creating more diverse dining and shopping experiences
For more information on upcoming enhancements at Wyndham Orlando Resort, visit their website or call (407) 351-2420.
Disclosure: All opinions are my own and may differ from yours. I was invited to an event to learn about the redevelopment of Wyndham Orlando. No compensation was received for this post.
Kelly @ Texas Type A Mom says
That looks like such a stylish hotel! I’ve had such good experiences with Wyndham in the past!