Ear aches, runny noses, coughing, tummy troubles….they’re no fun, especially when kids are involved. Today I’m talking about the fun stuff that comes along with parenthood; when kids get sick. Recently my little guy had a cold that left him feeling miserable. Hence the “fun” photo below. Yep #SickJustGotReal. Wondering what to do when kids get sick? Check out these tips below!
What to do When Kids Get Sick
This post has been sponsored by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare and 20th Century Fox. All thoughts and reviews are my own.
- Make them feel comfortable. As parents we can feel helpless, but our little ones are even more so. Comfort them with hugs, they’re favorite blanket or plush toy, and a comfortable, quiet place to lie down.
- Be prepared with snacks and drinks. Oftentimes kids will not have an appetite when sick, so it will be tough to get them to eat. It helps when you have their favorite snacks on hand, like crackers, fruit, and peanut butter toast. Don’t forget lots of fluids to keep them hydrated. You can also follow the recommended BRAT diet when kids have tummy troubles. These bland foods include bananas, rice, applesauce and toast.
- Entertainment. Rest is the best recipe when sick. Stock up on your child’s favorite movies! A few favorites from 20th Century Fox are Ice Age Collision Course, The Peanuts Movie, and The Sandlot.
- Medicine. Pfizer Pediatric products can help alleviate many cold and flu symptoms for kids.
More about Pfizer Pediatrics Products:
- Ease those aches and pains, while reducing a child’s fever fast with Children’s Advil®, a great solution for kids as young as 2 and up to 11. Children’s Advil® comes in several great-tasting flavors, including: Sugar-free Dye-free Berry, Bubble Gum, Grape, Blue Raspberry, Fruit and Dye-Free White Grape flavors.
- Formulated just for kids, Children’s Robitussin® Cough & Chest Congestion for ages 4+ is a non-drowsy daytime formula that helps break up chest congestion.
- All in a great tasting grape flavor, Children’s Dimetapp® Cold & Cough tackles a child’s most bothersome stuffy and runny noses, all while working to relieve cough, for ages 6+.
Advil Children’s Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever Dye-Free, 100mg Ibuprofen (White Grape Flavor Oral Suspension, 4 fl. oz. Bottle)Robitussin Children’s Cough & Chest Congestion DM Grape FlavorDimetapp Children’s Long Acting Cold & Cough Antihistamine & Cough Suppressant (Grape Flavor, 4 fl. oz. Bottle)
My little guy is obsessed with the Peanuts movie, and all things Snoopy! After giving him the recommended dose of Children’s Advil, I put on his favorite movie and tucked him in with his favorite pal.
The Peanuts Movie: Dream big and laugh along with good ol’ Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy, Linus and the rest of the beloved Peanuts gang as you’ve never seen them before — in a brand-new feature film from the imagination of Charles M. Schulz and the creators of Ice Age. Join everyone’s favorite eternal optimist, Charlie Brown, as he embarks on a heroic quest, while his beagle pal Snoopy takes to the skies to pursue his archnemesis, the Red Baron. It’s a hilarious and heartwarming adventure that proves every underdog has his day!
*It is important to remember to always read and keep the cartons for complete warnings and dosing information on Pfizer Pediatric products and to use as directed.
Enter below for your chance to win a $25 Target Gift Card, Pfizer Pediatrics products & a 20th Century Fox movie!
Not sure how to enter my giveaways?
Now your equipped with what to do when kids get sick!