Considering upgrading your space? Why not do it with lighting! Set the mood with the new Philips Hue A19 Starter Kit, where you can choose from 16 million color choices! We were lucky enough to get our hands on the starter kit, Hue Go personal light, and Netgear Router with DST adapter with Geek Squad service included.
As a tech driven family we enjoy trying out the latest products on the market, and I’m really excited to share our personal experience with the Philips Hue lighting system.
More about Philips Hue A-19 Starter Kit:
- Includes 3 bulbs and a bridge, so you can begin your collection of up to 50 linked hue lights and lamps. (Also works with Zigbee-certified & Wink home automation network devices)
- Get the full functionality of the Philips hue app when connected to the Hue Bridge – adjust colors, set timers, notifications, alarms, geofencing and more
- Choose from preset light recipes or create your own with 16 million colors – create and save scenes using your favorite photos as palettes
- Installs easily, the A19 bulbs have been upgraded from 600 to 800 lumens, providing brighter light
- Create custom schedules: program your lights to match your routine, from gradual sunrise every morning or automatically illuminate your entranceway at sundown, to movie night settings
Set up was really simple. We decided to spread out the 3 lights included within the starter kit throughout our dining/living space. The app is free to download on iOS and even compatible with Siri voice control on your iPhone. The hue lights are also controllable through an Android-compatible app.
Something I’m really excited about implementing with the Philip Hue lighting kit is the alarms. Using the app, we can set up timers for our hue lights when away. This makes it very convenient when traveling or away from home. I also like the adjustable brightness option via the app. This app is really simple to use, even for the youngest family members.
Netgear® Nighthawk™ DST Router and DST Adapter:
- This brand new router is exclusive to Best Buy and includes Geek Squad protection
- The AC1900 comes with one DST, or “Dead Spot Terminator,” adapter – to eliminate your Wi-Fi dead zones
- Additional adapters can be purchased for other dead zones
- It’s built to support 10+ connected devices – you can also prioritize devices for streaming videos or music, and included advanced features for lag-free gaming
- 1GHz dual core processor
- DST Adapter sets up in minutes – no need to configure or install software
Philips Hue Go:
- The hue Go is a portable, completely wire free smart light that offers a lot of versatility for any lighting need
- Control Hue Go with the on-product control or wirelessly from any iOS or Android device via the Philips Hue app (Hue Bridge required)
- Hue Go has 5 patented natural dynamic effects: Cozy Candle, Sunday Coffee, Meditation, Enchanted Forest, and Night Adventure. Each dynamic effect has its own mix of colors to set the right mood
- Plug it in or carry it with you with up to 3 hours of rechargeable battery life
We chose to use the Hue Go in the boy’s room as a night-light. Previously we kept a hall light on all night, but with the Hue Go light, we don’t have to any longer. It provides just enough light in their room where they feel safe, and they enjoy selecting different mood lights each evening. It has some beautiful color choices including a multi-colored one that changes.
We couldn’t be more pleased with the Philips Hue A-19 Starter Kit and Hue Go lighting systems. They offer a great ambiance for our home and super simple ease of use with the app. The Netgear Nighthawk Router was a major improvement for our wireless system. It offers fast speed and a wider range for the Wi-Fi, including upstairs dead zones. If you’re in the market for a new router or upgrade to your space, I highly recommend checking out Best Buy!
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.