Universal Orlando officially opened its 3rd theme park – Volcano Bay! Spanning 25 acres, Universal Volcano Bay is a first of its kind. This water theme park is located steps away from Cabana Bay and Loews Sapphire Falls Resort. This serene paradise with thrilling rides and beautiful surroundings embraces the Polynesian culture and provides a unique guest experience like no other.
Join me for a Universal Volcano Bay Tour!
Universal Volcano Bay
Take a journey across the Pacific through and underground shell-lined walkway to the grand entrance of Volcano Bay! Here you’ll purchase tickets and enter the gateways to a Polynesian-inspired tropical water park. 1-Day admission ticket start at $67 per adult. For an additional $19.99, guests can purchase a Volcano Bay Express Pass and enjoy rides at their convenience.
There will be plenty of awe-inspiring photo backdrops along the way. As you round the corner from the entrance , you’ll come face to face with the Krakatau Volcano – this is the centerpiece of the water theme park.
Universal Volcano Bay Map
Volcano Bay features more than 30 experiences including 18 unique attractions such as a multi-directional wave pool with sandy beaches, a peaceful winding river, twisting multi-rider raft rides, speeding body slides that drop from the top of the volcano into the waters below and more. Check out this detailed map below for more information on Volcano Bay.
Volcano Bay Video Tour
Come take a tour with me through the entire park, including food and ride experiences!
Universal has thought of everything! There’s an abundant amount of seating throughout the park, and beautifully designed cabanas (for purchase) – including single cabanas that hold up to 6 people with options for one-story or two-story retreats, or private family-style cabanas that hold up to 16 people.
The water park has 4 restaurants and 2 bars featuring more than 60 delicious dishes, shown in the video tour above. The Universal Dining Plan is also accepted at Volcano Bay.
Volcano Bay Rides in Action
Okay let’s get to the fun! Who’s ready to see what incredible rides are available at Universal Volcano Bay? From thrilling drop slides to river raft rides, there’s plenty of choices for the whole family. Feel brave? Check out the Ko’okiri Body Plunge™ located at the top of the volcano featuring a 70-degree fall through a drop door and 125 feet of intense fun. Or try the Kala & Tai Nui Serpentine Body Slides™ also located near the top of the volcano with similar drop door experiences.
Here’s a look at one of the tamer rides, Maku Puihi Round Rafts:
And here’s the Taniwha Tubes in action! There’s four twisting water slides to choose from:
The volcano is the main hub, housing multiple ride adventures. Check out the backside with even more fun! I rode the Krakatau™ Aqua Coaster – boy did I not know what I was in for! That video is coming soon. It’s basically a water rollercoaster that goes crazy fast!
Here’s a look at a few additional rides you can find at Universal Volcano Bay. Something I really appreciate is the mechanical raft lifts. Guests don’t have to worry about carrying their rafts up several flights of stairs – the ride does it for you!
Volcano Bay Kid Zone
Tot Tiki Reef™ and Runamukka Reef™ are the ultimate kid zones! Play among splashy slides, a tot-sized water volcano, bubbling geysers, water guns, slides and dump cups galore. The attention to detail throughout the park is simply amazing!
Want to slow down? Take a ride through the tropical landscape of Volcano Bay in the Kopiko Wai Winding River™!
Universal Volcano Bay TapuTapu Wearable
The TapuTapu wearable – included with guest admission is available for use while at Volcano Bay. It features:
- Virtual Line Access: TapuTapu allows guests to virtually wait in line for rides while enjoying other areas of the park. Their wearable will simply alert them when it’s time for their ride.
- TapTu Play: Guests can enjoy many TapTu Play experiences throughout the park – like controlling streams of water spurting from whales in Tot Tiki Reef, shooting water cannons at guests snaking down Kopiko Wai Winding River, illuminating images in the volcano’s hidden caves and more.
- TapTu Pay: Guests can make purchases throughout the entire park with their TapuTapu wearable, eliminating the need to carry cash, credit cards or a wallet throughout the park.
- TapTu Snap/My Universal Photo Access: Guests can take advantage of special interactive photo opportunities and selfie-spots throughout the park as well as photo opportunities on Volcano Bay’s attractions. Their wearable will automatically link those photos to their account so that guests can view, share and purchase them at their convenience.
- Locker Access: After renting their lockers, guests will be able to access them with a touch of their TapuTapu wearable.
I had an amazing time at the Grand Opening Ceremony of Universal Volcano Bay that included special performances by an array of authentic Maori entertainment. I can’t say enough good things about this new water theme park. It’s definitely the place to go to when visiting Orlando, so grab your swimsuits and head to Universal Volcano Bay!
Julie Wood says
This water park is really cool! I would love to take the kids to see this Volcano bay water park! It looks amazing!
Tracie Cooper says
This water park looks amazing! My hubby and I are planning a day trip very soon!
This looks like it would be so fun. I would love to visit!