The information, products and Paypal giveaway were provided by General Mills through Linqia.
Did you know that February is Heart Health Month? Switch out your sugary breakfast favorites like pancakes and donuts for hearth healthy snacks with low saturated fat and cholesterol. General Mills
Cheerios™ +Ancient Grains is a new cereal containing a crunchy cluster of Oats + Quinoa, Kamut wheat and hazelnut flavored Spelt. Cheerios™ + Ancient Grains provides 12 vitamins and minerals + 17 grams of whole grain which may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
In addition to a heart healthy diet, follow some of these simple tips for a heart healthy lifestyle:
- Know your heart healthy numbers like HDL (good cholesterol) and LDL (bad cholesterol) numbers.
- De-stress your heart. Stress raises blood pressure, heart rate, and levels of the stress hormone cortisol. Remove yourself from stressful situations, unplug from TV and online news that may trigger stress.
- Find a workout buddy to help you stay motivated. Begin with 20 minute brisk walks and work your way up to a 60 minute cardio workout.
- Stop smoking, including inhaling secondhand smoke. A recent study found that women who are exposed to other people’s smoke increased their risk of heart attacks by 69%, strokes by 56%, and peripheral artery disease (PAD) by 67%, when compared with women who did not hang out around smokers. Source WebMD
- Drink a glass or two of alcohol or wine per day. It’s been known to raise the HDL cholesterol levels.
Another heart healthy snack that’s new from General Mills is Nature Valley® Nut Crisp Bars. Great for snacking on the run, Nature Valley® Nut Crisp Bars are offered in two varieties: Salted Caramel Peanut and Almond Dark Chocolate.
We tested both new products from General Mills this week and love their flavors. We especially love that they are healthy, while still tasting great.
Two Ways to Save on Heart Healthy Snacks
You can save on these heart healthy snacks right now at Publix stores (through 2/11/15). Nature Valley Nut Crisp Bars are 2 boxes for $5 and Cheerios Ancient Grains cereal is buy one, get one free! Additionally you can save 75 cents when you buy ONE box of Cheerios Ancient Grains cereal and 50 cents off Nature Valley Nut Crisp Bars!
Because I care about your heart health too, I’m offering one lucky My Boys and Their Toys reader $15 via Paypal to buy these products for free! Enter below for your chance to win!