It’s never to late to begin a new habit. I saw this quote and thought it was fitting for today’s post: “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” Positive habits, like exercise, can have beneficial results. Are you ready to create your own path?
5 Reasons to Exercise
- Weight Loss – this first one is a no brainer. When you engage in physical activity, you will see a decrease in pounds. The more intense the activity, the more calories you will burn. A general goal is to exercise for 30 minutes or more a day. This is completely doable. There’s 24 hours in a day, so carve out 30-45 minutes and make it count!
- Health Conditions – Being active boosts good cholesterol and decreases unhealthy triglycerides. When you exercise, your blood flows more smoothly, resulting in lower risks for cardiovascular diseases. Regular exercise can help prevent a wide range of health conditions including type 2 diabetes, stroke, depression, and even arthritis.
- Sleep – If you struggle with falling asleep or staying asleep, exercise can benefit you. Regular exercise can help you fall asleep faster and give you a deeper sleep too.
- Boost your Mood – Turn that frown upside down with exercise. It’s true! Fitness stimulates various brain chemicals that can leave you feeling happier and more relaxed. Exercising is a great way to boost your confidence too.
- More Energy – It sounds like an oxymoron, right? You’re tired after a workout, but it actually boosts your endurance. Regular exercising helps your lungs and heart work more efficiently, providing you more energy to go about your day.
I can attest to numbers 3-5 from personal experience. I’m a fairly healthy adult in my 30’s, but post having kids, I found myself tired, drained, and sometimes grumpy. Exercising has given me my old self back!
Speaking of exercise, Planet Fitness is having a special one-day membership sale on August 15 (that’s Monday)! New members can join any location online – 1 day, $1 down, $10 a month, no commitment. Additionally, Planet Fitness is also offering a PF Black Card® membership sale, for $1 down and then $19.99 a month.
Planet Fitness focuses on general fitness and caters to “everyday people” – whether you’re a first timer or regular, there’s something for everyone. Push aside those concerns and step into Planet Fitness to get moving. They foster a Judgement Free Zone® – a non-intimidating, hassle-free, welcoming environment that makes everyone feel comfortable. There aren’t any high pressure sales people either. With more than 1,100 locations – it’s easy to find a gym near you. Many locations are open 24/7 too! They also have two circuits which help members get a full workout in 12 or 30 minutes. The circuits combine strength and cardio, and operate on a red light / green light system.
The PF Black Card® membership, at $19.99 a month, includes additional amenities such as the ability to bring a guest every day at no additional charge, access to all 1,100+ Planet Fitness locations, use of massage chairs and beds, and more.
Planet Fitness issued a summer survey on June 23 and it has some interesting results:
- One-third (33%) of Americans would rather go to the dentist than wear a bathing suit this summer.
- “beachtimidation” is just as real as “gymtimidation,” with nearly half (46%) of respondents claiming they do not feel confident about their body in a bathing suit.
- 76% of people admit they are more critical of their own appearance in a bathing suit than that of others.
If you’re ready begin a new habit that results in positive changes, consider adding an exercise routine to your day. I made that change several months ago and I couldn’t be happier!