I love carbs, don’t you? If I could find a way to include delicious fresh bread in every meal I would. But since that’s not healthy I’ll stick with one delicious carb filled dinner a week like this Stuffed Chicken Crescent Rolls Cobbler. Seriously people – this is one for the cookbooks – it’s delicious!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this Stuffed Chicken Crescent Rolls Cobbler Recipe:
- 2 cups of frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner roll
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 cups cubed chicken (cooked)
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- sour cream (if desired)
- Cook chicken as directed, cut into cubes and set aside. Cook bacon as directed, crumble and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 quart or 3 quart glass baking dish with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix potatoes, milk and soup; pour into baking dish. Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and thickened.
- Meanwhile, separate dough into 8 triangles. On wide end of triangles, evenly layer chicken and a handful of cheese. Roll up, starting at wide end, gently wrapping dough around chicken mixture and rolling to opposite point. Carefully place rolls, point side down, over potato mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and the bacon. Bake 2 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream (optional).
This recipe can feed 4-6 servings. Our family of 4 had no problem finishing this dish off within a dinner and leftovers lunch.
Do you have a favorite recipe including chicken crescent rolls?