First, let’s discuss what’s a daily suggested diet?
- 2 1/2 cups of vegetables
- 2 cups of fruit
- 6 oz of grains
- 3 cups of dairy
- 5 1/2 oz of protein
Simple Ways to Balance Your Plate
- Pair your entree with at least half a plate of fruits and veggies.
- Clean and prep your fruit/veggies ahead of time, or buy them prepared that way.
- Use a convenient, frozen entree as the base of your balanced meal. Make sure it’s made with high quality ingredients.
- Add whole grains/low-fat dairy products to round out the meal.
- Choose sides like steamed veggies or a freshly prepared salad.
- Lastly, eating at home means you control the nutritional quality, versus eating out.
- 1/2 cup eggs, 1 slice of toast, 1 tbsp of peanut butter, 1 medium banana, 1 cup milk
- 1 slice pizza, 2 cups of salad, 1 tbsp of dressing, 1 medium orange, water
- 1 1/2 cups stir-fry veggies, 1 cup of rice, 1/2 cup of pineapple, water
- 1 cup of yogurt, 1/2 oz almonds