Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, some experts say. I don’t know about you, but I crave something sweet in the morning – especially during lazy weekends. Start your day off with a hearty breakfast like these peanut butter homemade waffles. Besides being packed with protein, most nuts often contain Omega 3’s, fiber and Vitamin E. How can you resist that? Now that I’ve tempted you, read on to grab the tasty recipe below!
Simple Nutty Homemade Waffles
Nutty Homemade Waffles
- 1 ½ Cups flour
- 2 Tbsps butter
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsps peanut butter
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ Cup finely chopped walnuts
- ½ Cup finely chopped almonds
- ½ Cup dark chocolate chips
Did you know you can shop for groceries on Amazon? Save time and the hassle of store lines and shop online!
- Mix the flour, egg, baking powder, peanut butter, sugar, and nutmeg until thick.
- Add part of the nuts and dark chocolate chips to the batter (just make sure to leave some for topping the waffles).
- Pour batter into a preheated waffle maker.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Top with the remaining nuts and chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Tip: The waffles can be frozen for up to 3 months.
These waffles with nuts looks pretty amazing right? Add a side of seasonal fresh fruit and you’ve got one delicious breakfast the whole family will love!
Best waffle recipe? We think so! My boys are always asking for this tasty breakfast. It is definitely a family favorite, and so simple to make! These nutty waffles are easy to make in abundance too, so consider serving them the next time you have guests visiting.
What topping do you add to your homemade waffles?