Rediscover one of Disney’s biggest animated films in history – The Lion King roars into the Walt Disney Signature Collection on Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital (DMA)! Fans new and old will fall in love with this Disney classic film that includes three hours of bonus materials!
This is a partnered post. All opinions are my own.
Rediscovering The Lion King
“The Lion King” follows the adventures of Simba, a feisty lion cub who cannot wait to be king, as he searches for his destiny in the great “Circle of Life.” A new generation of fans will laugh with Timon and Pumbaa, cry with Simba and Mufasa, and burst into song!
See The Lion King trailer below:
- Brand New Sing-Along Version
- Audio Commentary – View the film with commentary by producer Don Hahn and co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Visualizing a Villain – Against a backdrop of live dancers and the animated “Be Prepared” sequence, artist David Garibaldi paints a masterpiece of evil.
- The Recording Sessions – Watch rare footage of the actors recording their roles, matched with the final animation. Intro by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Nathan and Matthew: The Extended Lion King Conversation – Nathan Lane (Timon) and Matthew Broderick (Adult Simba) offer candid and hilarious insights into their Lion King experiences.
- Inside the Story Room – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff present archival footage of five original story pitches.
o Circle of Life – See how color creates emotion and meaning in the film’s iconic opening.
o Simba & Nala – See how elements proposed in story meetings evolve into what appears onscreen.
o Simba Takes Nala Out to Play – …And, sometimes what seems funny in story meetings never makes it into the film!
o Hakuna Matata – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff sing, act and dance their hearts out as they pitch the “Hakuna Matata” sequence.
o Rafiki and Reflecting Pool – Co-directors Roger Allers & Rob Minkoff pitch a sequence that became the emotional heart of The Lion King to Producer Don Hahn.
Check out this exclusive clip featuring Nathan Lane (voice of Timon) and Matthew Broderick (voice of Adult Simba):
Other bonus materials included:
Music & More – Sing along to your favorite songs from the movie!
o “Circle of Life”
o “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King”
o “Be Prepared”
o “Hakuna Matata”
o “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”
o Visual Development – Explore a gallery of striking artwork that inspired the movie’s look and feel.
o Character Design – Trace the development of the film’s unforgettable characters through early concept art drawings.
o Storyboards – Examine storyboards created in the development of “The Lion King.”
o Layouts – Feast your eyes on layouts created in the development of “The Lion King.”
o Backgrounds & Layouts – Journey through a gallery of landscape paintings that shaped the world of “The Lion King.”
The Lion King is one of my favorite animated films – ever! I’m thrilled to have it for at home collection on Blu-ray for my family to enjoy. My boys are already huge fans of the film, so it’s fun to see a whole new generation enjoy this classic hit film. Earlier this month, I had the opportunity to sit down with the film creators to discuss the film’s success, their favorite moments, and more.
Also announced earlier this year at D23 Expo is the return of The Lion King in a live-action film. Find out more here.
To get your little ones excited for the film’s release on Blu-ray and DVD, check out these fun Lion King printables below!