Springtime equals the perfect season for garage sales! The weather is equally enjoyable for sellers and buyers who want to get outdoors after cold winter days. Below we’ve created 15 printable garage sale signs including category signs and price tags in this fabulous yard sale bundle. It’s everything you need to market your garage sale for success!
Garage Sale Tips
Here are a few of our best tips for a successful yard sale
- Spring cleaning is a fabulous way to earn extra money. Make it a family affair by having the kids go through their closets and drawers to remove clothing that no longer fits. The same goes for you and your partner. I love Marie Kondo’s method of asking yourself “does this bring you joy?” If the answer is no, toss it! In addition to clothes and shoes, locate other items that you don’t use on a regular basis that you can part with. Are there a few old gifts that you’ve never used lying around? Now’s the time to make a little return money!
- Sort items. As you are going through items, create three piles: donate, sell, and trash. The main goal here is to see what items are worth selling and eliminate the rest either by donating or tossing them in the trash. Don’t worry about pricing at this point – you’re just organizing to set yourself up for success.
- Sales work better in numbers. Consider asking more neighbors on your block or family members to join the yard sale. People are more likely to make the trip if they know there are plenty of options.
- Plan accordingly. Check your local area for special events and plan your sale for a non-event weekend. Be sure to check the weather forecast too. Friday through Sunday works best for garage sales. In our area, Friday mornings are typically the best day for a sale. The earlier the better! If you’re willing to start your sale before 8 am – do it!
- Price right. If you really want the items gone – make it a bargain. Here are some garage sale pricing suggestions to get you started:
- Baby clothes – $1-$2 for gently used
- Adult clothes – $3-$5 (higher-end if price tags are still on the clothes)
- Shoes – $3-$7
- Books – $1-$3 for hardcover, 50 cents for paperback
- Home Decor – typically $5 or less
- Toys – $1-$3 for most items
For items that you know are of higher value, look up prices on eBay, Facebook Marketplace, and Craigslist for accuracy.
Printable Garage Sale Signs
Simply click the image below and you’ll be directed to download the 15-page garage sale signs bundle. I recommend printing on cardstock paper, bonus if you have a laminator to upkeep the quality of the printable during weather elements.
The printables included are:
- Garage Sale Flyer
- Garage Sale Signs
- Parking Signage
- Category Signs
- $1 Sign
- Sold Tags
- Price Tags
Now that you are armed with garage sale tips and printable garage sale signs, you are ready to go! We hope you have a profitable sale.
Any unsold items can be picked up by a local charity like Amvets or the Breast Cancer Foundation. Or you can store items in bins in your garage for a future yard sale at a later date.