Head to a galaxy far, far away with Star Wars Day at Sea aboard Disney Cruise Line! The epic day at sea returns to Disney Cruise Line with 15 special Disney Fantasy sailings to the Caribbean from January through April in 2018, and from January to early March in 2019! Star Wars Day at Sea summons the power of the Force, the magic of Disney and the excitement of cruising for an out-of-this-galaxy experience unlike any other. My son and I had the amazing opportunity to experience the Star Wars Day at Sea adventure just a few days ago.
What to expect at the Star Wars Day at Sea Celebration
Discover the Force
- Characters from across the Star Wars galaxy are onboard for interactions and photos.
- Guests are encouraged to bring costumes for a special gathering in the atrium lobby.
- Guests indulge in the Star Wars films and television series, including all the films in the Star Wars saga, Star Wars Rebels and the latest installment in the new standalone series “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
- Specialty Star Wars-themed beverages, snacks, dinner menu items and desserts please the palates of everyone from Padawans to Rebel pilots to Tusken Raiders.
Learn the Ways of the Jedi
- In “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children learn the ways of the Jedi and use their new-found skills in a final face-off with Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister.
- Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities are offered throughout the day in all youth spaces for younglings to explore their powers.
- Kids and families test their knowledge during Star Wars trivia games.
“Summon the Force”
- The epic day at sea concludes with the “Summon the Force” deck celebration where guests unleash the Force during games, music and a galactic dance party.
- The grand finale features legendary Star Wars characters, pyrotechnics, stunts, special effects and a stunning fireworks display accompanied by John Williams’ iconic music.
In addition to all of the Star Wars entertainment, the day will be filled with Star Wars theme food!
Watch this recap video of what you can experience at Star Wars Day at Sea:
2018 Star Wars Day at Sea Sailing Dates (7 night cruises)
Departing Jan. 6, 20; Feb. 3, 17; March 3, 17, 31; and April 14, 2018, the western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; Grand Cayman, and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
Departing Jan. 13, 27; Feb. 10, 24; March 10, 24; and April 7, 2018, the eastern Caribbean itinerary includes Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay.
2019 Star Wars Day at Sea Sailing Dates (7 night cruises)
Departing Jan. 5, Jan. 19, Feb. 2, Feb. 16 and March 2, 2019, the western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Falmouth, Jamaica, and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
Departing Jan. 12, Jan. 26, Feb. 9 and Feb. 23, 2019, the eastern Caribbean itinerary includes Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay.
More about the Disney Fantasy Ship:
The Disney Fantasy has something for everyone, with activities and areas just for kids, families and adults!
Family Entertainment includes deck parties, movies galore in their plush stadium-style seats, and Broadway-style stage spectaculars including:
- The signature show, “Disney Wishes,” is a musical journey about three best friends who discover the secret to being a grown-up is staying connected to their inner child.
- “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” is a fast-paced comedy where Aladdin, the “street rat” of Agrabah, meets a Genie who grants him three wishes, battles the evil Jafar and falls in love with Princess Jasmine.
- “Disney’s Believe,” also presented aboard the Disney Dream, features a cast of beloved characters who help a father dedicated to his work as a botanist discover that there is something far more important to tend to than his plants.
Enjoying the three uniquely themed family restaurants aboard the Disney Fantasy is convenient and hassle-free, as guests “rotate” through the restaurants each night accompanied by the same serving team for a variety of menus and cuisines and friendly, personalized service. Royal Court, an exquisite dining room fit for a princess; Enchanted Garden, a transformative oasis inspired by the gardens of Versailles; and Animator’s Palate, a Disney Cruise Line signature restaurant, are the perfect settings for delicious dining with a magical Disney twist.
Two adult-exclusive restaurants—Palo, specializing in modern Italian cuisine, and Remy, an upscale and romantic dining experience serving French-inspired cuisine—feature stunning ocean views and a formal, romantic ambiance.
Fun in the Sun Activities
The Disney Fantasy includes separate pools for children, families, and adults. Including the following:
- AquaDuck, a 765-foot long twisting-and-turning water coaster.
- AquaLab, a water area where families can play among pop jets, geysers and bubblers.
- Nemo’s Reef, a special splash-and-play area for little ones up to age 3.
- Goofy’s Sports Deck, featuring a nine-hole miniature golf course and sports simulators.
Additional kid-friendly Activities
- Disney’s Oceaneer Club transports kids ages 3 to 12 to the magical lands of Disney fairies, courageous Super Heroes, adventuresome toys, undersea exploration and Force-filled characters that are out of this world.
- Disney’s Oceaneer Lab is a nautical wonderland where children ages 3 to 12 embark on a journey of discovery with arts and crafts, gaming and counselor-led activities.
- It’s a Small World Nursery is a whimsical world for infants and toddlers up to age 3 where they are safely cared for by trained Disney counselors.
- Vibe (ages 14 to 17) and Edge (ages 11 to 14) are ultra-cool teen and tween hangouts with comfy couches, music, video games and other chill-out necessities.
- And of course the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique where aspiring young princess and knights become Disney royalty with the help of a fairy godmother-in-training.
Are you ready to book your epic adventure aboard the Disney Fantasy during Star Wars Day at Sea?
While you’re here, check out our review of the Disney Wonder Cruise Ship!
shelly peterson says
This would be so much fun to attend and the food looks good.
Janet W. says
Wow this looks like such a fun experience! My Star Wars loving grandsons would love this!
So fun!! Thank you for sharing!
This is the first time I’ve heard of this cruise – so fun!!! Your son is so lucky to have this experience, and it looks great for adults, too.
Mary Gardner says
This looks like so much fun. I have a family of Star Wars fans and this would be the trip of a lifetime for them!
My youngest grandson would just have a blast on this cruise. I would love to take another cruise soon!
Daniel Scott says
Our whole family would love this experience. Thank you for showcasing this cruise.
Maria H says
Looks like a lot of fun and great food!