Are your kids crazy for Minions? Our 4 year old son is a fanatic. Often kids go through phases of loving a particular toy or movie for a few months, but the Minions have been an exception. Between Despicable Me, DM 2 and the latest Minions movie, his love for these adorable and silly characters has yet to waver.
Today I’m sharing a Minion Cake Pops recipe that you can easily recreate for your little ones!
Minion Cake Pops
- Bake cake as directed on package and cool completely.
- Next, crumble cake into a large bowl. Using the back of a large spoon, mix cake crumbs with about 2/3 of the can of frosting.
- Roll mixture into quarter size cake balls and place on a wax paper covered baking sheet. Place shaped balls in the freezer for around 15 minutes to firm up. Then transfer them to the refrigerator to keep chilled and avoid freezing.
- Melt yellow candy coating in a heat-proof plastic bowl so that the coating is about three inches deep for easier dipping. Melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals on low, and stir in between. Repeat until melted and smooth. Dip the tip of a lollipop stick into the melted coating and insert into the cake ball.
- Dip the cake pop yellow coating and remove in one motion without stirring the pop. Note: If your coating is too thick, you can add a little coconut oil to make it easier to work with. Gently tap and twirl off excess.
- Before the coating dries, attach a candy eye on front.
- For the goggles use the black gel frosting and draw them on. A licorice rope will also work.
- Using the blue gel frosting, gently squeeze on the bottom of your minion while twisting.
- Set in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to set. Serve and Enjoy!
Didn’t these turn out awesome? The kids are still talking about them! 🙂 Whether you’re planning a Minion Party or just want to make something fun for the kids, you can’t go wrong with these fun cake pops!
These have to be the cutest cake pops ever! How clever, and I can just imagine how much fun the kids would have with these!! in addition to gobbling them up!
Amy D says
My daughters are obsessed with anything Minion. These are super cute and look easy to make. I will need to make this as a special treat for them. How fun! 🙂
Julie Wood says
These Minions Cake pops are so adorable and my kids would love to make these for a fun snack idea! Thanks for sharing!
these look so cute! love this idea
G K says
These are adorable and great for any party!
I love making cake pops but I’ve never made MINION cake pops! I’ll have to make these for my kiddos.
Oh wow! Those are amazing! Carter loves the minions! He would go nuts! I have to try them!