As Nintendo fans, we were very excited to get our hands on the new Nintendo Switch OLED. And what better way to test out the gaming system, than with an all-new game: Metroid Dread. We’re sharing our tips, along with a first-look video of the game below!
This is a partnered post. All opinions are my own.
NEW Nintendo Switch OLED
The sleek black and white OLED Switch offers gamers improvements with a vibrant larger screen that has vivid colors that really make a difference. Additionally, the OLED model has enhanced speakers and an impressive 64GB of internal storage.
The console’s redesigned kickstand is a great feature for tabletop mode, in addition to handheld and TV playing options. The included Nintendo Switch dock has a new LAN port which is slightly longer but not quite as deep as the original dock. All in all, we are very impressed with the new Nintendo Switch OLED model.
Get yours today on Amazon. Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals are right around the corner so be on the lookout for special savings!
Metroid Dread follows the 2002 Metroid Fusion game where it left off. Bounty Hunter Samus is seeking revenge on the robots that are after her. She’s crashed in the core level of planet ZDR and must find her way to the surface.
Rated T for Teen, the game does not have any blood or serious violence. Samus uses arm blasters along the way to defeat robots. It is appropriately rated.
Check out this first look at the Metroid Dread Nintendo Switch game:
Metroid Dread Tips:
- At points in the game, you may be unsure where to go. Sometimes the way is hidden and needs to be blasted. We recommend shooting around to locate an area that can be uncovered and offer a new path to continue.
- The map is helpful for locating which direction you need to go to make your way to the surface.
- Energy fragments and full tanks are important to pick up during the game.
- A room with a glowing door will have an E.M.M.I behind it. Avoid defeating it until you’ve searched all areas for power-ups that can help you defeat it. Running away from it is always the best option.
- As you collect items and power-ups you will open new areas that were inaccessible before which help you further your progress in the game.
We know you and your family will enjoy the new Nintendo Switch OLED and Metroid Dread game as much as we do! Let us know what you think below!
Doris Humber says
This sounds great for a family game night.
My son would love this! I’ll have to start thinking about which gaming system to buy him.
This would be a great gift for my nephews who like gaming. I like the improvements they made.
Thank you for the great review. My son has been asking for a gaming system/games.
This looks like something my kids would like.