Whether your child is attending school for the first time or a pro, transitioning from summer to a new school year can take a bit of acclimating. As parents we’re very familiar with making lunch, but what if we blew our kids away with something special? Just think of your child’s face lighting up as they open their lunch box and find a note from mom or dad, or a creative take on a sandwich like this Cheesy Apple Quesadilla.
In just a few minutes I created this fun Cheesy Apple Quesadilla that my boys adored. What kid wouldn’t want to eat that?
Kids get bored with eating the same old lunch. That’s why I’m hoping today’s post draws some inspiration for you. It doesn’t take much to pull off a creative lunch idea like this, and would really make your kid’s day. Often times I use cookie cutters to create animal-shaped sandwiches for the kids, and they love it!
Here’s what you’ll need for this super simple lunch idea:
Cheesy Apple Quesadilla
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Dried cranberries (optional)
Thinly slice an apple and set it aside. Butter one side of each tortilla shell, then place the apple slices on one of the non-buttered sides. Top with shredded cheese, then place the other tortilla shell on top (buttered side up).
Place the quesadilla on a frying pan and heat on medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes per side. Once cooled, top the quesadilla with some dried cranberries, and add a fun side like Pepperidge Farm® Goldfish Crackers.
Lunch Box Must-Haves
- Let’s start with the basics, like a quality lunch box and an assortment of reusable containers in different shapes/sizes.
- For easy creative sandwich ideas, I suggest buying an assortment of cookie cutters. I bought a 50 pack of animal shapes so there are endless possibilities to create.
- A well-balanced meal. It’s important. Include healthy foods like whole grains, protein, dairy, and fruits/veggies.
- A small treat. Every kid needs one. Heck, that’s my favorite part of the meal too!
- A beverage like 100% juice, milk, or water.
- Don’t forget cleanliness. Schools are a germ-fest! Wet Ones® Singles are a necessity in every kid’s school lunch, cleaning hands and killing 99.9% of germs.
- A special note. It’s completely optional, but something I remember my mom doing from time to time as a child, and I know my boys appreciate it too. Grab the free printable below!
Click the picture below to download this free lunch note printable and include it in your child’s lunch box. It includes pre-filled notes and blank ones for a special note. I recommend printing on cardstock paper.
For more ideas, check out these back to school tips.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wet Ones® + Pepperidge Farm® . The opinions and text are all mine.