The Great LEGO Race is Legoland’s first VR Roller Coaster – and it’s officially ready to ride! Ashlee and her family visited Legoland Florida during the grand opening of the new ride and experienced the virtual reality coaster before the park opened. Learn about LEGOLAND® Florida Resort’s newest attraction below – and why you and your family should go experience it for yourself!
Ashlee was invited as media to cover this event. All opinions are her own.
The Great LEGO Race – Legoland’s 1st VR Roller Coaster
The Great LEGO® Race invites guests into a virtual world where they’re the star of a rollicking race against several LEGO minifigure competitors — all while taking an exciting roller coaster ride. Wearing optional VR headsets while riding the roller coaster, guests experience the point of view of a LEGO race car driver with action taking place in every direction — up, down, forward, backward and all points in between.
What can you expect during Legoland’s VR Roller Coaster? While driving in your own race car, you’ll feel apart of the LEGO world with volcanos, rushing water, mountains, and LEGO minifigures even building the road as you ride! The animated action is completely immersive with 360 degrees of fun!
Who are the LEGO minifigure competitors?
- Pirate Captain; Team Pirate — He steers a dinghy with a turbine-powered sail.
- Pharaoh; Team Pharaoh — He rides an ornate canopied bed (called a “litter”) carried by mummified servants.
- Surfer Girl; Team Surfer — She rides a rocket-powered windsurfing rig.
- Trendsetter; Team Trendy — She rides an espresso-fueled scooter with a sidecar for her tiny dog.
- Wizard; Team Wizard — He drives a dragon-themed hot-rod.
Who can ride the VR roller coaster?
- Guests 42-47 inches can ride without the VR headset when accompanied by a responsible rider 14 years or older and at least 48 inches tall, who must ride without the VR headset to supervise his or her companion.
- Guests 48 inches and above can ride with or without the VR headset.
- Guests must be at least 6 years old and 48 inches tall (1.21m) in order to wear the VR headset.
- Guests can safely remove the VR headset at any point while riding. The headset is tethered to the ride vehicle before departing the loading platform.
Ashlee and her family loved The Great LEGO Race! The kids thought the coaster drop was a little scary, but they enjoyed the ride. Ashlee was able to ride with the VR headset for the duration of the ride and loved the experience. This was their first visit to Legoland Florida Resort and spent the remainder of the day exploring the park. Their favorite attractions were Ninjago World, Duplo Tractor, and Lost Kingdom Adventure.