Headed to Las Vegas? We’ve compiled a great big list of FREE things to do when you visit!
Here’s a compilation of the top free things to do in
1. Mirage Volcano-Known as an iconic strip feature, the redesigned volcano features more fireworks and state-of-the-art sound system. Erupting nightly. Every hour from dusk-11pm at the Mirage Hotel & Casino.
2. See the world’s largest golden nugget at the Golden Nugget near Fremont Street.
3. KC Twins Dueling Pianos-A fun-filled, wacky laugh fest karaoke party at the Piano Bar. See identical twins Kim and Tamara perform. Piano Bar at Harrah’s Las Vegas, 9pm nightly.
4. Fountains of Bellagio-Featuring amazing musical and water displays, this spot is a must-stop for anyone walking the Strip.
5. Bellagio’s Conservatory & Botanical Gardens-Let your imagination wander as you take a leisurely stroll amongst rare natural finds from all over the world. Open 24/7 at the Bellagio Hotel & Casino.
6. Rock on with a variety of guitars at Ed Roman Guitars.
7. Tour Wayne Newton’s mansion on Pecos & Sunset.
8. Mystic Falls Park-Laser & light show fills the picturesque indoor park at Sam’s Town Hotel. Show times are 2, 6, 8 & 10pm daily.
9. CBS Television City-The research center gives visitors the chance to be a part of the network’s decision-making by viewing and rating pilot shows. Open 10am-9pm at MGM Grand.
10. M&M’s World-Visit the entertainment attraction on the Las Vegas Strip. Critics give the experience two thumbs up! Open 9am-12am.
11. Street Performers at The Venetian-Located in St. Mark’s Square, it’s home to a wide array of performing artists including stilt walkers, magicians, living statues, and more. Daily performance at 12, 1, 2, 4, 5 & 6pm at The Venetian.
12. Flamingo Wildlife Habitat-The famed resort is home to a flock of live Chilean Flamingos. You’ll also find swans, ducks, koi, and turtles amidst islands and streams surrounded by waterfalls. Open 24/7 at Flamingo Las Vegas.
13. Stop by the Speedway to see the Shelby Mustangs.
14. Sirens of Treasure Island-Sexy sirens battle a band of renegade pirates in Siren’s Cove at Treasure Island. Nightly at 7, 8:30, 10, and 11:30pm.
15. Fall of Atlantis Show-Visit the lost world of Atlantis, via a captivating display of fire and special effects. Hourly from 10am-11pm at Caesar’s Palace.
16. Circus Circus Midway-Experience the world’s largest permanent circus, highlighting the center stage at the Carnival Midway. 11am daily at Circus Circus.
17. Enjoy a free sample at Coffee Roasters of Las Vegas.
18. Play around in a life-size tree house at the Town Square.
19. Marvel at the beautiful colored glass art on the Bellagio Hotel lobby ceiling.
20. See the brewery at Monte Carlo Brew Pub.
21. Lake of Dreams-The show includes an animatronic singing frog, dancing spheres, giant flowers, and more. Every half hour dusk-12:30am at Wynn Las Vegas.
22. The CityCenter Fine Art Collection-A major collection of fine art, featuring 15 internationally renowned artists like Maya Lin, Frank Stella, Henry Moore and others. Download the walking tour app on iTunes.
23. See a variety of collectibles and Harley’s at the Harley Davidson Cafe.
24. Pay a tribute to the 9-11 Memorial at New York-New York.
25. Fremont Street Experience-A seven-block open-air mall with live entertainment and Viva Vision-the largest tv screen on the planet. Graphic light shows nightly at the top of the hour from dusk-midnight.
Not leaving just yet? Pin the image below for safekeeping so you can easily find this Las Vegas Freebie Guide!
Awesome! Vegas is on my bucket list!
Amy D says
I used to go to Vegas once a year with the company I worked for, and this post brings back memories. I loved the fountains at the Belagio and all the fun.
I didn’t realize there were free things to do in Vegas, ha! I’ll have to check some of these out next time I am there. 🙂
Marisela Zuniga says
I have never been to Vegas but these all look like great places to go to
Maureen Blatz says
It’s been many years since I been to Vegas now you made me want to go again
Tamra Phelps says
It sounds like a good time. I’d like to see the erupting volcano and the Fremont Street experience.
Jessi Housel says
My husband and I were just talking about places we would like to go on vacation (either together or as a family). Vegas was pretty much not a priority because I didn’t think there was much to it. Clearly I was wrong. Thanks for sharing. I love to include free or low cost things into vacation plans.
shelly peterson says
I have never been to Vegas but sure would love to someday. Sounds like some fun things to do.
Peggy Nunn says
My son lives there. I might be visiting. This is helpful. Thank you.
Moll j says
We went to Vegas once on a family trip years ago. At first it might seem like an odd place to take a family, but as your list shows, there’s tons of affordable, family friendly stuff to do there!
Mary Gardner says
Thanks for this list. I had no idea there was this much to do for free. I especially want to see the Bellagio Fountain show.
Lisa Brown says
I love the Sirens show.
I have never been to Vegas but I really want to go. Thanks for the great list of ideas!
Janet W. says
It’s been many, many years since I’ve visited the city. Sounds like a ton of fun things to do!
Brenda Haines says
The Flamingo exhibit sounds fun! 🙂
Michelle Perez says
I love that you showed me how much stuff there is to do other than gamble. I try to avoid gambling at all costs, so I’m glad I can visit Vegas and still enjoy my trip.
nicole w says
Thanks so much for this post. It seems like every time I go to Vegas, I just end up spending a bunch of money and coming home wondering where it went! Great list of things to do here!
Kate F. says
Wow! I didn’t know about several of these things. Thanks for sharing the great list!
md kennedy says
What an awesome list! I’ve bookmarked for our next trip to Las Vegas.
Vegas is a whole lotta fun!
Sarah B says
I enjoy hanging out at the Bellagio. So many pretty things there. I stayed at Paris and my room overlooked the fountains. I sat for what seemed like forever watching. Then I went across the street and sat on a bench watching it all over again. The ceiling is just too cool too.
Bobby Tarumi says
Nice, now I know I can go to Vegas without breaking the bank!
wow I didn’t realize many of these things – I’d love to see Botanical gardens and wildlife sanctuary!
kelly nicholson says
mostly the first thing i do in vegas stops me from doing anything else
Kelly @ Texas Type A Mom says
I just love Vegas! I have always said it was much more kid friendly than people give it credit for even though I’ve yet to take my own kids there.
Trish (@Dayngr) says
Ok, so which ones did you do?
Jennifer H says
1, 2, 4, 10, 11, 13, 19, 24 & 25 so quite a bit of them 🙂
Sandy V. says
I know my husband liked the Sirens of TI show which is free in front of the Treasure Island property.
this is great! free things to do are always great =) thanks for sharing!
sheilarae71 (@livingsmartgirl) says
I keep saying that we are going back again soon, but soon just keeps getting put off. I want to go and spend 2 weeks just doing and having fun.
The life sized tree house sounds like it would be a blast.
Thanks for sharing the free things to do there. I have Vegas on my bucket list and hope to go one day and not spend or lose a fortune!
Jennifer H says
I hope you make it there too! 🙂