During our recent trip to Las Vegas, we learned there are many free activities to do on and off the Strip.
Here’s a compilation of the top free things to do in
1. Mirage Volcano-Known as an iconic strip feature, the redesigned volcano features more fireworks and state-of-the-art sound system. Erupting nightly. Every hour from dusk-11pm at the Mirage Hotel & Casino.
2. See the world’s largest golden nugget at the Golden Nugget near Fremont Street.
3. KC Twins Dueling Pianos-A fun-filled, wacky laugh fest karaoke party at the Piano Bar. See identical twins Kim and Tamara perform. Piano Bar at Harrah’s Las Vegas, 9pm nightly.
4. Fountains of Bellagio-Featuring amazing musical and water displays, this spot is a must-stop for anyone walking the Strip.
5. Bellagio’s Conservatory & Botanical Gardens-Let your imagination wander as you take a leisurely stroll amongst rare natural finds from all over the world. Open 24/7 at the Bellagio Hotel & Casino.
6. Rock on with a variety of guitars at Ed Roman Guitars.
7. Tour Wayne Newton’s mansion on Pecos & Sunset.
8. Mystic Falls Park-Laser & light show fills the picturesque indoor park at Sam’s Town Hotel. Show times are 2, 6, 8 & 10pm daily.
9. CBS Television City-The research center gives visitors the chance to be a part of the network’s decision-making by viewing and rating pilot shows. Open 10am-9pm at MGM Grand.
10. M&M’s World-Visit the entertainment attraction on the Las Vegas Strip. Critics give the experience two thumbs up! Open 9am-12am.
11. Street Performers at The Venetian-Located in St. Mark’s Square, it’s home to a wide array of performing artists including stilt walkers, magicians, living statues, and more. Daily performance at 12, 1, 2, 4, 5 & 6pm at The Venetian.
12. Flamingo Wildlife Habitat-The famed resort is home to a flock of live Chilean Flamingos. You’ll also find swans, ducks, koi, and turtles amidst islands and streams surrounded by waterfalls. Open 24/7 at Flamingo Las Vegas.
13. Stop by the Speedway to see the Shelby Mustangs.
14. Sirens of Treasure Island-Sexy sirens battle a band of renegade pirates in Siren’s Cove at Treasure Island. Nightly at 7, 8:30, 10, and 11:30pm.
15. Fall of Atlantis Show-Visit the lost world of Atlantis, via a captivating display of fire and special effects. Hourly from 10am-11pm at Caesar’s Palace.
16. Circus Circus Midway-Experience the world’s largest permanent circus, highlighting the center stage at the Carnival Midway. 11am daily at Circus Circus.
17. Enjoy a free sample at Coffee Roasters of Las Vegas.
18. Play around in a life-size tree house at the Town Square.
19. Marvel at the beautiful colored glass art on the Bellagio Hotel lobby ceiling.
20. See the brewery at Monte Carlo Brew Pub.
21. Lake of Dreams-The show includes an animatronic singing frog, dancing spheres, giant flowers, and more. Every half hour dusk-12:30am at Wynn Las Vegas.
22. The CityCenter Fine Art Collection-A major collection of fine art, featuring 15 internationally renowned artists like Maya Lin, Frank Stella, Henry Moore and others. Download the walking tour app on iTunes.
23. See a variety of collectibles and Harley’s at the Harley Davidson Cafe.
24. Pay a tribute to the 9-11 Memorial at New York-New York.
25. Fremont Street Experience-A seven-block open-air mall with live entertainment and Viva Vision-the largest tv screen on the planet. Graphic light shows nightly at the top of the hour from dusk-midnight.