I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for LYSOL.
LYSOL is introducing the concept of Healthing – a new idea centered on keeping families as healthy as possible, by looking beyond just cleaning and ensuring that the proper steps are taken to stay well.
- Healthing is the extension of LYSOL and its Mission for Health, the motivation behind the creation of their products that are centered on killing 99.9 percent of germs and providing solutions for the home that help promote good hygiene and disinfection.
- The idea of Healthing goes beyond cleaning – and looks more holistically at how a healthy home helps to keep families thriving.
- One important way to integrate Healthing into your home is to understand the difference between cleaning and disinfecting, as both are important components of the Healthing process. While cleaning and organizing is certainly important, killing germs on commonly touched surfaces can lower the risk of spreading bacteria and viruses between family members.
The little things that we do every day – particularly our hygiene and cleaning habits – truly can make an impact on our health. This is especially important on the heels of one of the worst cold and flu seasons in a decade. So, this season, do more than Spring Cleaning. Let’s practice Spring “Healthing.”
LYSOL Healthing Tips:
- Don’t let spring cleaning overwhelm you – take it one room at a time and stock up on products that will help you to get the job done effectively, including LYSOL® products, paper towels, sponges, and trash bags.
- Use a disinfectant product, like LYSOL® Disinfecting Wipes, to help ensure you’re killing germs as you clean, and think beyond the usual places. Be sure to clean even the smallest surfaces, such as light switches.
- Don’t forget to disinfect places that you don’t see or think about often, like the door knobs, cabinet handles or sink drains.
- Make it a family activity and tailor tasks to specific age groups. Give younger children simpler, one-step tasks like dusting or picking toys up off the floor, and save the more complex jobs, such as vacuuming, scrubbing, and disinfecting for older members of the family.
- Remember to practice proper hand washing as well after you clean, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer. Hand washing is the single most important thing you can do to prevent illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
To help spread the word about Healthing, LYSOL and television personality Giuliana Rancic (LOVE her!) have partnered together to visit YMCAs in select markets across the country to demonstrate Healthing in action.
Some would say I’m a germaphobe, and I’m okay with that. Cleaning with Lysol products guarantees I’m effectively cleaning commonly used areas in my home and stopping the spread of harmful germs. We’ve also set a routine in place to for our little guys to wash their hands/sanitize frequently to prevent the spread of germs. These #healthing habits have helped our family stay healthy this season.
Disclosure: I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.