Does your family have holiday traditions that you look forward to each year? Or maybe you’ve always wanted to start a family tradition, but it never came to fruition. Here’s your chance to fulfill that wish! I’ve compiled a list of 15 fabulous holiday traditions to consider for your family.
15 Holiday Traditions for Families:
- Organize a cookie baking party and have everyone bring their favorite cookie recipe to eat and share with others.
- See a holiday-themed show at your local theater like “The Nutcracker.”
- Pack the family in the car, turn on your holiday playlist and drive around looking at homes decorated for the season.
- Plan a winter activity like sledding, ice skating, or even snow ball fights with friends and family.
- Deliver cookies door to door in your neighborhood or at a local nursing home. Not only will the kids have a blast baking, but the recipients will really enjoy the nice surprise.
- Start the popular ‘Elf on a Shelf’ tradition.
- Start a Christmas countdown by reading a different holiday book to your children before bed each night. It will get everyone in the festive spirit.
- Plan a holiday movie night once a week with the family. Everyone sip hot cocoa while enjoying classics like “Miracle on 34th Street.”
- Make a holiday ornament with your child each year. Find ideas on Pinterest.
- Volunteer as a family at your local soup kitchen or food bank.
- Start a gag gift tradition. Pick names and exchange funny gifts with family.
- Create family photo cards to send out each year to family near and far.
- Find a giving tree and take the family with you to pick out the items to donate.
- Have your child start an “I’m thankful list.” He or she can add one reason to be thankful each day beginning on Thanksgiving through Christmas.
- Make gingerbread houses with the kids. The pre-made sets at the store make this tradition simple and fun.
Hickory Farms not only embraces passing down traditions through generations of families, but also creating new traditions and sharing them with loved ones. Their gift boxes make a great gift option for the Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner host. Find Hickory Farms products at their nearly 600 Holiday Market stores and kiosks across North America, or online at hickoryfarms.com.
We were lucky to receive Hickory Farms Reserve Cheddar Flight with Salami gift box this year. It was the perfect sampling of sharp, smoky, and savory flavors. And we are excited to offer one lucky My Boys and Their Toys reader with their very own Hickory Farms Reserve gift box to sample!
Enter below for your chance to win the Hickory Farms Cheddar Flight with Salami Gift Box!
Not sure how to enter my giveaways?
Compensation and products for review were provided by Hickory Farms via MomTrends. I received a free sample of the product for the purpose of this review and to facilitate a giveaway. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Hickory Farms.