Pizza night happens on a weekly basis around here. A lot of times we order-in or do a frozen pizza, but I wanted to branch out and try something new: dessert grilled pizza!
So this week I picked up Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust and some interesting topping choices to create a fun dessert pizza.
Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills.
Dessert Grilled Pizza Recipe
Measurements with easy to follow printable directions are at the bottom of this post.
Here’s what you need:
- Knead the pizza dough into a round pizza.
- Heat each side of the dough on the grill for a few minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the pizza is cooking mix the sugar, cinnamon, and star anise in a small bowl.
- Slice the banana
- Brush the top of the pizza with butter, the sprinkle the mixture over top, then add bananas.
- Close the grill cover and cook an additional minute.
- Cut into quarters and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Print the recipe below!
Here you can see a picture of the pizza after adding the toppings. We then grilled it for an additional minute and added the caramel drizzle over top.
And here’s the finished dessert grilled pizza! Doesn’t it look delish?
Grilled Cinnamon Banana Dessert Pizza
A grilled cinnamon banana dessert pizza recipe
- Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground star anise
- 1/3 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 banana
- caramel sauce
Knead the pizza dough into a round pizza
Heat each side of the dough on the grill for a few minutes, or until golden brown
While the pizza is cooking, mix the sugar, cinnamon, and star anise in a small bowl
Slice the banana
Next brush the top of the pizza with butter, then sprinkle the mixture over top and add the bananas
Close the grill cover and cook an additional 1 minute
Cut into quarters and drizzle with caramel sauce, and serve
This grilled cinnamon banana pizza was a huge hit! Everyone devoured it. Want to try grilling a pizza yourself? Click the link to head to Pillsbury for more great grilling pizza tips. Don’t forget to print this recipe for safekeeping!
Have you ever made a grilled pizza?