Slime crafts are so much fun! It’s easy to make and manipulate into exactly the right texture your child would like. Today, we’re sharing a simple no borax recipe for DIY Fluffy Slime. Using metallic paint we made this gold slime which is perfectly timed for the upcoming July 4th festivities. If you’re looking for a fun July 4th kids craft, or any other special occasion, this DIY Fluffy Slime is perfect!
DIY Fluffy Slime
Many people prefer a no borax slime recipe. Using liquid starch and glue makes this Fluffy Slime recipe that much easier to create! This starch brand comes highly recommended by several blogging friends. Here’s what you’ll need to make this fun slime!
1 cup White Glue
1/3 Cup Liquid Starch
Metallic Paint (amount varies depending on the desired color)
How to make Slime
Because slime is a science project, we highly recommend parental supervision while kids make the slime. And just as a precaution – you cannot eat this gold slime. 🙂
- To make the DIY Fluffy Slime, you’ll need to pour 1 cup of the white glue in a bowl.
- Then add the gold metallic paint and mix until you’ve reached your desired color.
- Next, add 1/3 cup of liquid starch and stir until it combines.
- Finally, take the slime out of the bowl and knead (approximately 3-4 minutes) it until it combines.
- If you find that the slime is still sticky, add a small amount of starch and repeat step 4.
Voila! Your slime is ready to play. You’ll know it’s the right consistency when it peels off of your hands. By the way, this slime project gets better with time as the more you play the better it becomes.
Look how beautiful this fluffy slime turned out! It’s so squishy and easy flowing. It’s a lot of fun for kids, and adults too. And while it’s a bit messy, it’s totally worth it! Get ready to be the coolest mom on the block.