Concentration and focus are important in all aspects of life. We often find ourselves not able to focus and concentrate on what’s in front of us due to so many distracting things taking place around us. With the rise of technology everyone has this same issue, and multitasking is a normal habit. So how do you get better brain power?
Essential oils can help bring focus to your life and allow you to concentrate on what you need done so that you can become more productive. Try these oils for better focus and brain power.
- Brain Power (Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Melissa, Frankincense, Blue Cypress, Lavender and Helichrysum)
- This is a blend that is available that was made specifically for ‘brain power’. It aids in concentration, focus, and promotes an overall happier and more productive you! It can be applied topically as well as diffused. Many people enjoy diffusing this essential oil in their office each day to help them stay on task. Getting yourself to become more focused and productive at work will allow you to feel less stressed and happier about your job and/or life.
- Lavender, the adaptogen.
- One of the most versatile essential oils, as always, lavender can aid in brain power as well. Being an adaptogen means that it will provide the body a better experience with adapting to things, such as needing to pay attention to more than usual. Diffusing the oil will work for this purpose as well as applying it topically to the neck. Two to three drops on the neck may help to improve focus as well as reduce stress levels, something that we all need more than ever during busy times!
- Often times when we can’t focus it’s due to trying to do too many things at once and not taking it one step at a time, and this makes us frazzled, in turn getting nothing done. Cedarwood can assist in relaxing and calming the body. By doing this, you are able to better concentrate on what you need to get done – taking it one small task at a time rather than taking it on all at once.
What are some other ways to get better brain power?
- Try snacking on blueberries or nuts. Yes – it’s that simple! According to health.com blueberries can improve your brain health. And nuts are filled with magnesium, a mineral linked to improvements in short- and long-term memory.
- Write it down. By writing down whatever you’d like to remember it creates oxygenated blood flow to areas of your brain that are responsible for your memories (and literally exercises those parts of it). According to lifehack.org.
- Learn to meditate. Meditation both reduces stress and increases memory. Find a quite place to sit down for as little as 15 minutes and focus on your breathing. When you mind begins to drift, just refocus on your breathing to reign the concentration back in.
Have you ever tried any of these methods to get better brain power?
I highly recommend checking out Young Living essential oils. It’s made such a different in mine, and my family’s life. Check out how essential oils are helping alleviate my son’s tics. Or tips on a better night’s sleep.