We’ve spent all summer long sharing our favorite slime recipes, and this one is just as fun to create! It’s a perfect after-school project or weekend DIY to do with the kids. I know making slime can look intimidating, but it only requires three ingredients so it’s actually a really simple craft project. Here’s how to make Neon Slime!
DIY Neon Slime Project
Here’s what you’ll need:
Many people prefer a no borax slime recipe. Using liquid starch and glue makes this slime recipe that much easier to create! This starch brand is what many of my blogging friends use too.
- 1 cup White Glue
- 1/3 Cup Liquid Starch
- Neon Pink Acrylic Paint
- Neon Green Acrylic Paint
- Neon Yellow Acrylic Paint
- The amount varies depending on the desired color
How to make Slime
Because slime is a science project, we highly recommend parental supervision while kids make the slime.
- To make the neon slime, pour 1 cup of the white glue in three separate bowls.
- Then add the satin acrylic paint (one color to each bowl) and mix until you’ve reached your desired color.
- Next, add 1/3 cup of liquid starch and stir until it combines.
- Finally, take the slime out of the bowl and knead (approximately 3-4 minutes) it until it combines.
- If you find that the slime is still sticky, add a small amount of starch and repeat step 4.
Now you’re ready to play! Take a portion of each neon slime color and line them up next to one another in a row. Repeat the pattern until you’ve run out of strips of slime. Then begin squishing, stretching, and pulling the slime to create a variety of patterns. This activity is actually very soothing while being quite entertaining.
I always recommend using a tablecloth, or another type of barrier as to not damage your table top. This craft is great for keeping the kids busy for hours at a time! Once they’re ready for another activity, have them store the slime in a Tupperware container for safe keeping.
We highly recommend staying in eyesight of children while playing with slime. We don’t want it to wind up in their mouths or on a surface other than a craft area.
How to Remove Slime from Clothing
If you’re wondering how to clean the slime off clothes – because it is sticky and can sometimes wind up on them – vinegar takes it right out! Just pour a little vinegar on the spot, scrub with a small brush, rinse and voila the slime is gone!