Craving something with an Asian flare? I often make teriyaki chicken or sweet and sour chicken for dinner. Sometimes you just need to switch things up though, which is why I chose to make this Pad Thai recipe – and now I’m sharing it with all of you. It’s really simple to make and something I’m sure the whole family will enjoy.
8 oz. rice noodles
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 oz. 1-inch chicken cubes
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tsp minced garlic
½ Cup shredded cabbage
½ Cup shredded carrots
Parsley to taste
- Cook the noodles as indicated on the package.
- While cooking the noodles, heat the vegetable oil in a large pan.
- Add the chicken cubes to the pan and cook until golden.
- Remove the noodles from heat 3 minutes early, drain the water, and set aside.
- Next, add the noodles to the large pan with chicken along with the brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Stir-fry for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and carrots and stir stir-fry for an additional 20 seconds.
- Serve, garnish with some parsley and enjoy.
*Tips – Want to make this dish gluten-free? Swap soy sauce for tamari sauce instead. Want to give this dish a bit more spice? Add some sriracha sauce!
Amazing right? I promise – it tastes as good as it looks. So what’s on your dinner plan menu for the week? Try adding this Pad Thai recipe to the mix! It will quickly become a family favorite. Don’t forget to pin the pictures for safe keeping!
Looking for other Asian cuisines? Check out this popular Vietnamese Pho Soup recipe made by my sister-in-law!