Kids burn so much energy at school that they come home starved. “Can I have a snack mom?,” is one of the first things my boys ask when they walk through the door. I’m sure many other parents can relate, am I right? Today, I’m sharing a super simple snack for kids, that’s healthy too! This recipe requires playing with your food, so kids will love it. There’s no baking involved, so it only takes a few minutes. See how to make easy fruit pizzas with Fresh From Florida produce!
This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however all opinions expressed are my own.
How to make easy fruit pizzas
- Mini whole-wheat pita bread
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- A mini bell pepper sliced in half
- 1 cherry tomato sliced in half
- 1 ounce light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- Combine cream cheese and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- Spread cream cheese over mini pitas.
- Decorate with fruit by creating a fun face or animal pattern like we did.
The boys had a blast making these fun mini fruit pizzas! J used his creativity to make a penguin, while L chose a fruity fish. Both turned out so adorable, don’t you think? I joined the fun, too, by making a few pretty flowers with the leftover strawberries and bell pepper.
Florida Farmers make it easy for everyone to eat fresh produce year-round. Some of our favorites are strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, and tomatoes. Check out this handy list of Spring Seasonal Produce in season now. Don’t forget to look for food, produce, and seafood labeled Fresh From Florida the next time you shop! Find more inspiration and recipes from Fresh From Florida here.
Why not have fun with your food with these easy snack favorites? Fruit pizza sparks imaginative play, and healthy habits. Follow the Fresh on Twitter and check out their Fresh! recipe videos too.