In celebration of the release of Marvel’s Avengers Infinity War on Blu-ray August 14th, we’re sharing a fun and easy DIY project: Iron Man Slime! A little fun fact for you, in May of 2018 Marvel Cinematic Universe celebrated 10 years of worldwide blockbuster hits, beginning with the release of “Iron Man” in 2008! Since we’ve been crafting a lot of slime this summer, we thought it would be fun to put together a special Iron Man Slime for all the mini superheroes out there that also love slime.
DIY Iron Man Slime
Using metallic paints in copper and gold, we made this superhero slime a big success!
1 cup White Glue
1/3 Cup Liquid Starch
Metallic Paint (amount varies depending on the desired color)
Elmer’s Liquid School Glue, Washable, 1 Gallon, 1 Count – Great For Making SlimeSta-Flo DIA13101 Concentrated Liquid Starch, 64 Oz Bottle – Pack of 1Decoart DECADMTL-36.10 Ameri Deco Mtlc 8oz Copper Americana Decor Metallics 8oz CopperDECO ART Americana Decor Matte 8OZ Goldcraft Paint
How to make Slime
Because slime is a science project, we highly recommend parental supervision while kids make the slime. And just as a precaution – you cannot eat this slime.
- To make the Iron Man Slime, you’ll need to pour 1 cup of the white glue in a bowl.
- Then add the gold metallic paint in one bowl and copper metallic paint in another, then mix until you’ve reached your desired color.
- Next, add 1/3 cup of liquid starch and stir until it combines.
- Finally, take the slime out of the bowl and knead (approximately 3-4 minutes) it until it combines.
- If you find that the slime is still sticky, add a small amount of starch and repeat step 4.
Voila! Your Iron Man slime is ready to play. You’ll know it’s the right consistency when it peels off of your hands, and can easily be played with.
Look how bright and fun these slime colors turned out! Now, lay long strips of each color on a mat or posterboard type surface just like we did below. Then begin manipulating and stretching the slime any way you’d like.
Look at the cool effects we did with our Iron Man slime below! Eventually, the colors will blend together after playing with the slime for a while. Slime is such a fun craft project for kids, and it’s really easy to make!
Marvel Avengers: Infinity War on Blu-ray
This is a partnered post with Marvel Studios. All opinions are my own.
Already released digitally, Avengers Infinity War will be available for purchase August 14th. You can pre-order your copy by clicking the image below! This jaw-dropping Marvel film is a must-see! Although we saw it in theaters months ago, we’re still not over what happened. There are HUGE changes to the Marvel Universe.
“Avengers: Infinity War” picks up as the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, but a dangerous menace has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, Thanos will stop at nothing to collect all six Infinity Stones in his quest to wield unimaginable power and his twisted will on all of humanity.
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Strange Alchemy (5:08)– Share the thrill of characters from across the MCU meeting for the first time—and discover why some were teamed up together.
- The Mad Titan (6:34) – Explore the MCU’s biggest, baddest villain, his trail of influence through the stories, and the existential threat he represents.
- Beyond the Battle: Titan (9:36) – Dive into the climactic struggle on Thanos’ ruined world, including the epic stunts and VFX, to uncover the source of its power.
- Beyond the Battle: Wakanda (10:58) – Go behind the scenes to find out how the filmmakers pulled off the most massive and challenging battle Marvel had ever attempted.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (10:07)
- Happy Knows Best (1:23) – Tony and Pepper spar over the details of their upcoming wedding—until a hassled Happy Hogan pulls up with an urgent request.
- Hunt for the Mind Stone (1:24) – On a darkened street, Wanda Maximoff and the wounded Vision attempt to hide from Thanos’ brutal allies.
- The Guardians Get Their Groove Back (3:20) – As Peter Quill and Drax quarrel over their failed mission to Knowhere, Mantis interrupts with news.
- A Father’s Choice (4:00) – Thanos confronts Gamora with a vision from her past—and with lying to him about the Soul Stone.
- Gag Reel (2:05)– Watch your favorite Super Heroes make super gaffes in this lighthearted collection of on-set antics.
- Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.