I watch many of the award shows and the Academy Awards is one of my favorites. If you are looking forward to having friends over to enjoy the award show along with you, consider creating an Oscars Popcorn Bar. What better snack to enjoy than popcorn, right? It is a classic movie snack favorite after all.
I headed to my closest World Market store to pick up items for the themed popcorn bar. Some of my favorite finds were these entertaining pieces, like the gold square-rimmed charger, mini square dish, and assortment of glass jars to hold the popcorn. Almost everything you see above was found at World Market with the exception of the gold wrapping paper and gold stars, which I found at a party store.
I also created my own version of Drizzle Popcorn. It’s a simple recipe, if you’d like to try it out during your Oscars Party.
Drizzle Popcorn Recipe
1 bag of World Market Lightly Salted Organic Popcorn
2 cups of Thin Pretzel Sticks broken into 1/2
1 cup of peanuts (any kind)
1/2 cup of caramel syrup
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- Spray bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour popcorn into a large bowl, added broken pretzel sticks and peanuts and stir well.
- Heat caramel as directed. I did about 20 seconds on 50%. Pour over popcorn mixture, and stir until evenly coated.
- Pour mixture onto 2 large cookie sheets lined with wax paper. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Heat chocolate chips according to package directions. Pour melted chocolate into a small sealed storage bag and cut a small tip of the bag. Use to drizzle chocolate over popcorn mixture. You can get a similar effect using a spoon to drizzle, if you prefer that route.
- Let chocolate set 1-1/2 hours or for a short cut – place cookie sheets in the freezer until chocolate is solid, or about 15 minutes.
Have fun with your party, include different toppings and add-ons for people to personalize their popcorn snack.