While attending the Niche Mommy 12 Blog Conference, I met the Britax team. They had an amazing display of all their latest products and offered a hands on experience to the conference attendees. Britax announced they would be doing some giveaways throughout the conference and I had my eye on the Britax Advocate 70 G3 Car Seat.
I tweeted throughout the conference how excited I would be to win a Britax product and when it was time for the Britax suite presentation we all made our way…..who am I kidding, we RAN!! Each person who won was able to pick out the item of their choice, how cool is that?! I was beyond thrilled to be chosen and of course selected the Britax Advocate 70 G3 Car Seat. I knew this would be perfect for my lil guy!
Is it possible to be in-love with a car seat? Because that is how I feel about the Britax Advocate 70! The safety features are amazing and I feel much more confident traveling with my son in his new car seat versus the old one.
Britax Advocate 70 G3
Here is a list of all the product features included with the Britax Advocate 70 G3:
- True Side Impact Protection is deep side walls with energy-absorbing EPP foam along with a head restraint which offers a double layer of EPP foam to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body while keeping them “in true” or aligned
- Base with SafeCell Technology features SafeCells designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether features a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement, reducing the crash forces reaching the child, and a two-point attachment to minimize forward rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat
- Side Impact Cushion Technology features energy-absorbing cushions on the exterior of the child seat to reduce side impact crash energy by 45% by diverting crash forces away from your child and providing extra protection for the adjacent passenger
- Click & Safe® Snug Harness Indicator is an audible aid that provides extra assurance when the harness is within range of appropriate snugness
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
- 70-pound Weight Capacity for safety and comfort as your child grows
- Rear and Forward Facing Recline for child comfort and positioning
- High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion your child
- Plush, Easy-Remove Cover with matching comfort pads and infant body pillow to provide extra comfort and easy cleaning without disassembling or uninstalling the child seat
- Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
- Infant Positioning Insert may be necessary for small infants to achieve a snug fit of the harness around your child (sold separately)
- Quick-Adjust, No-Rethread Harness repositions the harness shoulder height without disassembling the harness straps
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
- Built-in Lock-Offs ensure a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
- Anti-Slip, Contoured Base grips and protects the vehicle seat while offering optimum vehicle fit
- Harness Holders keep harness straps pulled to the sides when placing your child in the car seat
- Certified for Aircraft Travel
- Made in the USA with global components
Yes, all of that is in one car seat!
One of Britax latest safety feature improvements is the HUGS chest pads with SafeCell Technology. This alone made me want the car seat. There are no other car seats on the market with this latest technology feature so I am very honored to be one of the first!
The HUGS chest pads ensure proper positioning while SafeCells compress to manage energy and provide resistance to the forward movement of your child in a crash, reducing the risk of head injury. There is no wiggle room with the 5 point harness system combined with the SafeCell Technology.
My son has never been more securely fastened in his car seat. And with the EZ Buckle system, it’s very easy to secure him in and get him out of his car seat. Another feature worth mentioning is the harness holders which have velcro on them so you can attach the harnesses to the side of the car seat. This allows you to place baby in the car seat without him sitting on the straps. Just another great feature Britax thought of to make life easier for Moms & Dads!
The Britax Advocate 70 G3 is available in 5 different fabric choices: Zebra print (featured here), Anna (which is geared towards girls), and three other neutral colors: Onyx, Opus Grey and Serene.
It can be used for rear facing babies from 5 lbs to 40 lbs and forward facing from 1 year and 20 lbs up to 70 lbs.
The Advocate 70 retails for $379.99. It’s available for purchase on Amazon.com where it is currently on sale for $283 (at the time of this review). It’s also available in stores at Bed, Bath & Beyond and Target, plus many other big box retailers.
Disclosure: All opinions are my own and may differ from yours. No compensation was received for this post. Thank you to Britax for sponsoring the giveaway prize!
Terri Fay says
Love the FRONTIER 85 SICT.
Janet W. says
The B-AGILE Double stroller caught my eye!
Lena Naef says
The FRONTIER 85 SICT caught my eye!
Sandy VanHoey says
I also like the B-Agile Double stroller
amy v says
b-agile single stroller
Miranda Welle says
I also like the B-AGILE stroller.
Julia Babs says
The B-Agile Double Stroller looks great if we someday are blessed with a second child! Definitely caught my eye!
Melissa Moreno says
GILDA CAMPOS says
I love the FRONTIER 85 SICT
Kelly H. says
I like the kick mats.
GILDA CAMPOS says
Tonya Fullenkamp says
http://www.britaxusa.com/strollers/b-agile-double The Double stroller catches my eye.
nicóle @nicky_olea says
Jennifer Mae Hiles says
I like the B-READY Rain Cover, that way I can still take her for walks when I’m unsure of the weather.
I like the looks of the B-NIMBLE stroller. cute.
melissa n says
the B-AGILE stroller is a nice one.
I like the b-ready stroller.
Stephanie Polen Reed says
Frontier 85 SICT
Nicole Vosburgh says
The B-Ready stroller looks great!
clare rey says
b nible stroller
I love the B-Ready stroller!
renee walters says
I also like the B-Agile Double stroller!
The B-Ready stroller caught my eye.
The B-NIMBLE Stroller would be perfect for my granddaughter.
nickie burke says
i like this http://www.britaxusa.com/strollers/b-nimble
diana mathews says
Summer I says
I am loving the http://www.britaxusa.com/strollers/2012-b-ready/fabric-options
Eva Biggs says
Stroller board. I’ve been wanting one, but not so sure anymore. Really can’t afford one anyways.
Theresa J says
I would love the 2012 B Ready
I love the b-ready line!
GILDA CAMPOS says
Nichole G. says
I like the B-Agile Double Stroller!
I love the Boulevard carseat
anne brooks says
CHILD BIKE SEAT
Becky R says
I like the Frontier 85 car seat.
amy v says
commented on this post:
the b-ready stroller!
I like the B-AGILE stroller
Dawn S. says
The 2012 B-READY stroller
christy g says
Wow that is a cool seat!
sharon winne says
i LIKE THE FRONTIER 85 SICT SEAT
Stephanie Phelps says
I also love the B-NIMBLE stroller
Amy W says
mary gardner says
the B-Agile Double Stroller!
jagar0047 at yahoo dot com
kathy pease says
I like the BOB B-SAFE http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/bob-b-safe
Richard Hicks says
love their b nimble stroller!
brich22 at earthlink dot net
Elizabeth Roby says
I really like the Frontier 85 SICT. I have wanted one for a while!