There’s something about cheese that’s just tasty, am I right? Pair that with a juicy tomato and you have quite the delectable treat! This quick appetizer recipe is a great way to get any family member to eat their veggies, and makes a perfect party appetizer too.
Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash, then slice each tomato into 3 generous pieces.
- In a small bowl, toss together the Parmesan cheese, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Then, cover each slice with the cheese mixture.
- Bake for nearly 10 minutes, or until the cheese starts to turn golden. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Looking for other delicious recipes? Try this easy summer punch, twice baked potatoes, or homemade mac n’ cheese recipe.
Have you ever tried Baked Parmesan Tomatoes? Let me know if you try the recipe!
Yum, these look a great summer side dish! Thanks for sharing!
you can do the same with zuchinni, slices 1/4 inch thick. Both are very good
It almost looks like a mini pizza. My daughter doesn’t like tomatoes, but she loves pizza and I bet she would love these.
Donna L says
This Baked Parmesan Tomatoes recipe looks delicious and so easy to make,
Cynthia C says
Local tomatoes are ready now and this would be a great use for them. Yum!
Nidhi Chauhan says
looks yummy. never tried such combination.
Julie Wood says
This looks really delicious! I want to make these and I know the kids will love it. Thanks for the recipe.
I’m amazed I’ve never seen this anywhere, not even remotely. It looks soo good, and is perfect for just about any occasion, from family dinner side dish to appetizer. I’d love to try it.