This post was created in partnership with Winn Dixie. I have been compensated in exchange for this post.
Tomatoes are kind of a big deal – a big, fat juicy one! They are delicious and nutritious, and come in a variety of vibrant colors. Tomatoes are great for sauces, salads, sandwiches and more. Winn Dixie wants to honor this tasty fruit (yes tomatoes are a fruit) with an event all their own – the Big Fat Juicy Tomato Event.
My favorite kind of tomato is Roma tomatoes and today I’m sharing one of my favorite, and easiest appetizer recipes: Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes.
- 10 Roma tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce tub cream cheese
- 1 pound package bacon
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Cut Roma tomatoes in half lengthwise
- Scoop out the inside with a spoon and place on a baking sheet, open side up
- Sprinkle lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Scoop a spoonful of cream cheese into each Roma tomato
- Wrap each tomato with one bacon slice and place a toothpick in the center
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until bacon is crispy, let cool and enjoy!
Pretty easy, right? And delicious! These Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes make a great appetizer for any friend or family gathering. Holiday entertaining too!
Do you make a mean pasta sauce? Homemade tomato soup? Share your recipe idea with me below.