I am a World Market Ambassador. I’ve teamed up with WM for this sponsored opportunity. All opinions are my own.
As a World Market Ambassador, I get a heads up on what new trends are coming to stores. The Americana beach theme mirrored the decor I was selecting for the new home that we are building. Before I share all of the fun decor I picked up at World Market, I wanted to share this Strawberry Lemon Mini Bundt Cake recipe. Because what good is a party without food, right? 🙂 I was waiting in anticipation to shop the deals at World Market and create a fun Americana Beach Party for our family.
Buying a home can be a mix of emotions. Often things do not work out as planned and cause setbacks. Although that is the case in our situation, I still wanted to make the most of our family’s next chapter. With the help of my step-mom we planned a pre-celebratory party at her home.
The boys were just as excited to help with the party so with the help of grandma Becky, they created these tasty mini cakes.
Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake
Here’s what you’ll need:
3 mixing bowls
6 mini bundt pans
wire cooling rack
- Lemon cake mix
- Strawberry cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Icing mix
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Combine the lemon cake mix with 1 egg, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil and 3 tablespoons milk in one bowl. Whisk until all dry lumps are combined and the batter is smooth.
- In a 2nd bowl, combine the strawberry cake mix with 1 egg, 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil and 3 tablespoons of milk. Again, whisk until batter is smooth.
- Using soft butter or non-stick spray, coat each pan. Divide the lemon cake batter evenly between the six pans. Next evenly divide the strawberry cake batter in the lemon cake batter. With a fork lightly swirl the strawberry cake batter into the lemon. It will produce a marbling effect once cooked.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28-30 mins. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool for approximately 10 minutes.
- While the cakes are baking, place icing mix and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Add margarine and warm water. Beat with a mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, and then medium for 1-2 minutes.
- When the cakes are cooled, remove from pans and drizzle the icing over each cake and garnish with red, white, and blue stars.
Beach Party Ideas
Onto the decor I selected for the Americana Beach Party – from seaside string lights to a two-tier beverage dispenser. These starfish drinking glasses paired nicely with the theme.
This cool herringbone table runner offers a fresh striped pattern with knotted edge detail and is perfect for use indoor or outdoor. The wooden starfish comes in a 3 pack and provides a marine look to the decor. One of my favorite finds is the small lagoon platter which holds the mini bundt cakes. Crafted of glass with alabaster finish, the lagoon platter brings elegance to any table.
The Americana paper food trays and appetizer cones come in a pack of six and offer the right amount of red, white, and blue to any table. They are an affordable option for families planning a backyard BBQ, picnic, or outdoor event. The appetizer cones are a great way to hold finger foods. I combined them with french fry holders for our Americana Beach Party.
Another favorite find is this beautiful Seahorse Wind Chime. The natural bamboo chimes offer a relaxing sound, as if you are at the beach.
My boys were excited for the Americana Beach Party and couldn’t wait to dig in!
*recipe courtesy of Dean & Jacob’s