Pack your bags and head to Great Wolf Lodge for an adventure of a lifetime! Now through Labor Day weekend enjoy their first-ever Summer Camp-In celebration where guests will encounter new experiences such as pool parties, character appearances, camp cuisine, games, music, and more! The best part is they’re all weatherproof! Now that’s my kind of camping! 😉
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Coca-Cola. All opinions are mine alone. #CampGreatWolfwithCoke #CollectiveBias
Great Wolf Lodge Rooms
This summer we took the boys to Great Wolf Lodge in Atlanta and made the most incredible memories. Living in Orlando we have some of the top destination resorts to choose from, however, Great Wolf Lodge surpasses them all when it comes to indoor attractions. We truly had the best time and can’t wait to book another stay!
Great Wolf Lodge brings the outdoors in with their unique suites including standard, family, wolf den, kidcabin, and grizzly bear suites. Depending on the room type, you can fit anywhere from 4 to 13 family members in one suite, and all have a cozy outdoor feel minus the bugs! I loved how clean the rooms were and the exceptional service we received from the staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful.
What is MagiQuest?
Something really unique about Great Wolf Lodge is their live-action scavenger hunt throughout the entire resort. Once settled into your room, head over the to MagiQuest store to select a wand and topper (for extra powers) then set off on the coolest interactive quest ever!
Portals are located throughout the entire resort (minus the rooms) where guests of all ages can complete challenges, battle a dragon, and wave their wands to open treasure chests, among other interactive experiences throughout their stay. The game continues each time with new activities to complete. Keep your wand and return with it on your next trip to pick-up where you left off! This was one of my boy’s favorite activities!
Great Wolf Lodge Summer Camp-In
The lodge is decked out to welcome campers! From Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend, all 16 U.S.-based Great Wolf Lodge resorts will celebrate the joys of camping with an array of special activities and events designed for families to participate in together.
- Character Breakfast: A bugle heralds the arrival of Wiley the Wolf, Oliver Raccoon, Sammy the Squirrel and other characters as guests are treated to a morning breakfast buffet with some flag-raising fun, tasty food and festivities. Every member will get involved during this rollicking breakfast with counselor-led songs, dances and napkin twirling. Wiley and friends will also circulate throughout the breakfast for photos and autographs.
- Pool Party: Nothing says summer like the water wonderland built for year-round fun at Great Wolf Resorts. Sun’s out, the party goes outside. Looking rainy, overcast or a little cool, the party comes inside. Either way, guests can jump in and have a splash-tastic time with games, DJ music and refreshments all poolside. Activities include how low can you go in the limbo, rubber duck races, corn hole toss and a conga dance to cap it all off.
- Trailblazer Challenge: Campers up for a challenge can sign up for select activities and earn a badge for every game they complete. Win bragging rights by participating in different arts and crafts projects such as friendship bracelet making and rubber ducky decorating, as well as interactive games like family trivia and corn hole challenges. When campers collect ten badges, they earn the ultimate honor – the title of Trailblazer.
- BBQ: Got a hankerin’ for a camper feast served hot off the grill? Mouthwatering BBQ anchors dinner menus at the resort’s main restaurant. After all, no summer camp should be without BBQ and all the fixins’. Step right up, campers!
- S’mores: Families should make sure to leave s’more room for that savory staple of summer camp as a special s’mores dessert bar will be featured during the Summer Camp-In celebration, served up by Great Wolf Resorts’s very own culinary experts – s’moreliers.
- Campfire Ceremony: An active day calls for winding down with family around a crackling fire. From the ceremony of lighting the fireplace the nighttime fun begins. There’s singing, face painting, s’mores, silly story-swapping, character shows and the time-honored Great Wolf Lodge tradition, Story Time. Let your hair down groovin’ the night away at a rollicking, DJ-led dance party under the stars (indoor or outdoor). Linger longer for nighttime bowling or a hole in one mini golf challenge.
Great Wolf Lodge Indoor Water Park
There’s something for everyone at the indoor water park that’s included with your stay! Kids of all ages will enjoy the main feature, Fort Mackenzie, a tree fort with multiple levels of splashing fun. Cub Paw Pool is built with the littlest family members in mind, while the big slides are ideal for older kids and families. There’s also a large wave pool, and many other water attractions indoors, in addition to an outdoor pool and spa.
When you check-in, you’ll receive a daily activities calendar with all sorts of extra activities to look out for. We participated in the Ducky 500 race where J received the special honor of being chosen as the Grand Marshal for the day.
He helped the camp counselors unload all the ducks down the slide, and received a cool prize; a VIP seating area at the water park with free Coca-Cola® beverages!
Great Wolf Lodge has everything you need! In addition to the most amazing indoor activities, the resort has multiple dining options to choose from for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We enjoyed the Campfire Kitchen for a breakfast buffet, quick lunch options at their indoor food trucks, and pizza and pasta for dinner at Hungry as a Wolf restaurant. For grab and go, you’ll find a variety of healthy choices at Freshwoods Market, and after a long day, grab a cool treat at the onsite Dunkin’ Donuts or Ben & Jerry’s.
I highly recommend investing in the Wolf Pass which is a one-time payment and includes almost every attraction under their roof.
The pass includes:
- 1 MagiQuest game
- Choice of MagiQuest wand
- All stay admission to Howlers Peak Ropes Course
- 1 round of mini golf
- 2 climbs on Rustic Ridge Climbing Wall
- 1 game of (roller ball) bowling
- 20 Paw Points at the arcade
- 1 serving of bulk candy
- and 1 scoop of ice cream at Ben & Jerry’s
I was SO impressed by the boys conquering the 2 levels of the ropes course. It’s really high and offers a variety of challenges to master. It took them approximately 30 minutes per level to complete, so pack your tennis shoes if you want to take on the course! If you like heights, you’ll also enjoy the challenging rock climbing wall.
Right below the ropes course is their very own miniature golf with camp-themed holes that every family member will enjoy.
Oliver’s Mining Co. isn’t included with the Wolf Pass, but well worth the fun. For only a few dollars per bag, kids can sift through dirt with their indoor water contraption and find hidden gems. It includes a bag and a gemstone identification card.
Great Wolf Lodge is a one-of-a-kind family resort with so much to see and do all under one roof! This true weatherproof summer getaway gives families memories that will last a lifetime.
Head to their site to book your stay now!
See our video recap here:
Lula Ruger says
I have always wanted to visit GReat Wolf lodge. Thanks for the review. So much to do here The pics are great.
Jennifer Soltys says
Looks like it has something for everyone! It’s been too long since I’ve been to a waterpark. I need to go there!
Amy D says
I also live in Orlando, and never heard Great Wold Lodge. I love that it isn’t a huge road trip for our family. There is so much to do here. This is my type of camping. I am totally keeping this place in mind the next time we take the kids on a trip. I love all the indoor activities, which will be nice during the colder months.
Liz Mays says
Great Wolf Lodge always seems like a blast. It’s crazy that there’s so much to do while your there! The magicquest scavenger hunt sounds fun!
Maureen Fitzgerald says
We love visiting our local Great Wolf Lodge. There is SO much to do there!!
Tara Pittman says
This place is so much more than a water park. I need to take my boys here.
Always wanted to visit Great Wolf Lodge. I think it would be a great place to go and have lots of fun with the family!
We loved great wolf lodge too! It was such a fun place to explore with our family.
Mama to 6 Blessings says
Wow! Looks like loads of fun! I like how you can stay there and all the activities are readily available! I bet my 6 kids would love it there. I wonder if they have accommodations for large families.
Yes, I mentioned above they have suites that hold up to 13 ppl in one suite. 😉 Your kids would LOVE it!
Great wolf lodge is one of those places I would love to visit but haven’t yet. Looks like such a fun time!
Myrah Duque says
Yup! they had a blast! What a great place! I wanna go! I love the ears.
Great Wolf Lodge is on our bucket list to visit as a family! I love how they create such an engaging and fun environment for the whole family.
Stefani Tolson says
Now that looks like a ton of fun. They actually opened one that is in driving distance from me and I want to go!
This seems to be a magic place for children! I am sure my kid will go crazy over it!
Ruth I says
This looks like a ton of fun for the family. So much great adventures to uncover and do. So many exciting stuff to do here.
katrina Kroeplin says
we love the great wolf lodge. the kids always have a fantastic time. i say to get the pup passes as they are a blast.
Everyone says this is one of the BEST family vacays and I agree – so much to do and keep the kids busy.
I love that Great Wolf Lodge has rooms set up so families can all stay together. It is really so easy to stay there.
Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place says
My kids always love going to Great Wolf Lodge. We have not gone in a while, but I remember they have those cool themed rooms and lots of activities. So fun for the kiddos!
Claudia Krusch says
We loved the Great Wolf Lodge! Such a great vacation resort!
Wow your family looked like they had an amazing experience at Great Wolf Lodge! There is one in GA and i would love to take my 10 year old niece!
Amy W. says
We are planning on taking our kids this fall. We’ve never been there, but it looks like a ton of fun!
shelly peterson says
This looks like so much fun.
This looks like a great place for a family getaway! I knew they had one location in PA, I didn’t realize they had others. It looks like there’s lots to do there.