If you’ve followed along on social media, then you may have caught some Domino’s coverage recently. That’s because I was visiting their headquarters in Ann Arbor Michigan! I covered for blogger friend Melissa over at The Mommyhood Chronicles. During my 2 day trip for #DPZBloggerDay15 I toured their World Resource Center, Test Kitchen, Michigan Supply Chain Center and ate a lot of delicious food!
What better way to start then by visiting their Test Kitchen and learning the trade from Domino’s experts. Below is a picture of the 8 bloggers invited with the 2 experts on each end. It was such a fun time! Afterwards were enjoyed our personally made pizzas with their popular side dishes. Oh and we topped off lunch with those amazing chocolate lava crunch cakes. Yum!
On day 2 we began by visiting the Supply Chain Center nearby. This location services over 300 stores! We saw their freshly made dough – yes Domino’s dough is always fresh and never frozen. That’s part of the reason their pizza is so delicious! For safety reasons we had to sport these pink hard hats and other gear. LOL!
Did you know? Domino’s Facts:
- 85% of the items on Domino’s menu are new since 2008.
- There are more than 34 million ways to create a single Domino’s pizza.
- Pepperoni is the most popular U.S. pizza topping, followed by mushrooms, sausage, ham and green peppers.
- Breadsticks were the first national non-pizza menu item offered at Domino’s, in 1992.
- Domino’s World’s Fasted Pizza Maker, Pali Grewal, can make 3 large pizzas in just 32.38 seconds!!
- Domino’s is 93% franchise-owned in the U.S.
- Domino’s delivery experts cover 10 million miles each week in the U.S. alone
- Domino’s is in more than 80 countries around the world!
- Half of Domino’s sales now come from outside the U.S.
- Domino’s sells more than 11 million pizza slices on Super Bowl Sunday, nearly 80% more than a typical Sunday.
Domino’s Piece of the Pie Rewards Program:
Domino’s recently rolled out an online rewards program! This free program allows you to earn points when you order online and take advantage of exclusive members-only discounts. One order of $10 or more earns you 10 points. Once you’ve accumulated 60 points – you earn a FREE medium 2-topping pizza! So what are you waiting for? Sign-up now!
While visiting Domino’s Headquarters, we also had the chance to speak with the Product Innovation department about their newly released dessert: Marbled Cookie Brownie.
This unique treat offers two irresistible desserts in one; milk chocolate chunk cookie and fudge brownie. We of course had the opportunity to sample a piece or two (or 3). This shareable dessert includes 9 pieces per order! Just wait until you taste it – you’re going to love it!
A big thank you to Domino’s for inviting us along for such a fun experience! Domino’s didn’t forget about our readers – enter below for your chance to win a $20 Domino’s gift card!
Enter below for your chance to win a $20 Domino’s GC!
Not sure how to enter my giveaways?