Orlando is bringing more Broadway shows than ever before in the all-new Orlando Broadway Series for 22-23′! The upcoming Broadway schedule includes 10 performances including award-winning shows like Wicked and Hamilton!
Orlando Broadway Series 22-23′
With a new season comes a new sponsor, AdventHealth, who has committed to a multi-year sponsorship! The 22-23′ series kicks off this October. See below for more information.
- October 4-9, 2022 – SIX: From Tudor Queens to Pop Princesses, the SIX wives of Henry VIII take the mic to remix five hundred years of heartbreak into an exuberant celebration of 21st-century girl power! This new original musical is a global sensation that everyone is losing their head over.
- October 26-November 20, 2022 – HAMILTON is the story of America the, told by America now. Featuring a score that blends hip-hop, jazz, R&B and Broadway, Hamilton has taken the story of American founding father Alexander Hamilton and created a revolutionary moment in theater–a musical that has had a profound impact on culture, politics and education. With book, music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda, direction by Thomas Kail, choreography by Andy Blankenbuehler and musical supervision and orchestrations by Alex Lacamoire, Hamilton is based on Ron Chernow’s acclaimed biography. It has won Tony®, Grammy® and Olivier Awards, the Pulitzer Prize for Drama and an unprecedented special citation from the Kennedy Center Honors.
- January 10-15, 2023 – TINA-THE TINA TURNER MUSICAL: Her voice is undeniable. Her fire is unstoppable. Her triumph is unlike any other. An uplifting comeback story like no other, Tina – The Tina Turner Musical is the inspiring journey of a woman who broke barriers and became the Queen of Rock n’ Roll.
- January 20-22, 2023 – RIVERDANCE 25th ANNIVERSARY SHOW: Riverdance, as you’ve never seen it before! A powerful and stirring reinvention of this beloved favorite, celebrated the world over for its Grammy® Award-winning thrilling energy and passion of its Irish and international dance. Twenty-five years on, composer Bill Whelan has rerecorded his mesmerizing soundtrack while producer Moya Doherty and director John McColgan have completely reimagined the ground-breaking show with innovative and spectacular lighting, projection, stage and costume designs. Immerse yourself in the extraordinary power and grace of its music and dance–beloved by fans of all ages.
- January 25-February 12, 2023? – WICKED: Wicked, the Broadway sensation, looks at what happened in the Land of Oz … but from a different angel. Long before Dorothy arrives, there is another young woman, born with emerald-green skin––smart, fiery, misunderstood, and possessing an extraordinary talent. When she meets a bubbly blonde who is exceptionally popular, their initial rivalry turns into the unlikeliest of friendships … until the world decides to call one “good,” and the other one “wicked.”
- February 28-March 5, 2023 – PRETTY WOMAN: THE MUSICAL: Pretty Woman: The Musical, based on one of Hollywood’s most beloved romantic stories of all time, springs to life with a powerhouse creative team led by two-time Tony Award®-winning director and choreographer Jerry Mitchell (Hairspray, Kinky Boots, Legally Blonde).
- March 21-26, 2023 – TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: All rise for Academy Award® winner Aaron Sorkin’s adaptation of Harper Lee’s Pulitzer Prize-winning masterwork. Emmy Award®-winning actor Richard Thomas will play the role of Atticus Finch in the National Tour.
- April 18-23, 2023 – CHICAGO: After 25 years, Chicago is still the one musical with everything that makes Broadway shimmy-shake: a universal tale of fame, fortune and all that jazz, with one show-stopping song after another and the most astonishing dancing you’ve ever seen. No wonder Chicago has been honored with 6 Tony Awards®, 2 Olivier Awards, a Grammy® and thousands of standing ovations. As we celebrate our 25th anniversary – you’ve got to come see why the name on everyone’s lips is still…Chicago.
- May 9-14, 2023 – MY FAIR LADY: Boasting such classic songs as “I Could Have Danced All Night,” “The Rain in Spain,” “Wouldn’t It Be Loverly” and “On the Street Where You Live,” My Fair Lady tells the story of Eliza Doolittle, a young Cockney flower seller, and Henry Higgins, a linguistics professor who is determined to transform her into his idea of a “proper lady.” But who is really being transformed?
- June 27-July 2, 2023 – BEETLEJUICE: It’s showtime! Based on Tim Burton’s dearly beloved film, this hilarious musical tells the story of Lydia Deetz, a strange and unusual teenager whose whole life changes when she meets a recently deceased couple and demon with a thing for stripes. With an irreverent book, an astonishing set and a score that’s out of this Netherworld….under its uproarious surface (six feet under, to be exact), it’s a remarkably touching show about family, love and making the most of every Day-O!
To find out more about the Dr. Phillips Center Orlando Broadway Series and to purchase tickets head here.