I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for GoodNites* TRU-FIT*. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.
Are you concerned about your child’s bedwetting? If you’re looking for advice on this discreet topic, you’ve come to the right place. Today, I’m sharing facts about bedwetting, plus tips for parents and children.
Children’s Bedwetting Facts
- Research from the American Academy of Pediatrics indicates that psychologically, children who wet the bed are fearful to participate in fun activities, such as sleepovers, because of their embarrasment.
- Bedwetting is a fairly common condition that a child cannot control or be trained out of.
- 43% of parents incorrectly believe that bedwetting can be “trained” out of a child.
- It’s in the genes: Parents who have a personal history of bedwetting often find themselves parenting at least one child who wets the bed.
- According to a GoodNites® brand study, it’s estimated that 1 in 6 children between the ages of 4-12 in the United States suffer from nocturnal enuresis, more commonly known as bedwetting.
- Parents should understand that children who wet the bed are not doing it willfully and should not be punished or shamed – Dr. Thiedke, Professor of family medicine.
- GoodNites* TRU-FIT* Underwear is a new product that offers superior bedtime protection. GoodNites* TRU-FIT* is machine-washable, real underwear with disposable, absorbent inserts.
- Relax. Be patient. Offer motivation and lots of hugs.
- Stop beverages after dinner to help deter bedwetting accidents.
- Consider waking your child up for a quick trip to the bathroom before you head to bed for the night.
- Nighttime accidents are normal through the age of 5. Once a child turns 6, if the parent is concerned, make an appointment with the child’s pediatrician.
- Medication as a last resort – there are currently three recommended medications on the market. Speak to your child’s pediatrician about all options.
If you’re looking for a way to make your child feel more confident and comfortable at night, consider GoodNites* TRU-FIT* real underwear. GoodNites* TRU-FIT* Underwear is accompanied by a disposable, absorbent insert (that should be discarded after each night’s use) – designed to protect sheets and PJs all night. It’s available for both boys and girls in sizes S/M and L/XL. Find GoodNites* TRU-FIT* Underwear Starter Pack and Insert Refill Packs at your local Walmart store, plus save $2 now with this great money-saving coupon!
Check out this quick video below from real moms whose children tried GoodNites* TRU-FIT* underwear: