This is a partnered post with the March of Dimes and the Motherhood. All opinions are mine alone.
If you were born within the last 75 years, you are a March of Dimes baby! That’s right, you’ve been touched by this wonderful foundation – just by being born.
March of Dimes is dedicated to helping families, and especially help moms and babies reach a full term pregnancy (39 weeks). If you’ve received the polio vaccine, took a prenatal vitamin with folic acid while or before becoming pregnant, received an APGAR score immediately following birth, or were born prematurely, you have benefitted from the work of March of Dimes.
This Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, March of Dimes has partnered with several organizations to celebrate parents who help keep babies healthy and safe. When you purchase from these merchants you are making a difference in a child’s life, because every baby is born to do something special and unique!
What was your baby born to do?
At their current ages of 4 and (almost) 7, I would say my boys couldn’t be any more different! J spends countless hours focused on sports. Ask him any question about football; the game, players or teams, and he can answer it for you! He enjoys running club and is currently taking golf lessons. On the other hand, our 4 year old, L, loves to play!! He’s very hands-on with building and crafting type activities. He is also very involved with his music class. If I had to guess what these boys were born to do, I would say J will be an all-star player of some kind, while L will be an architect or engineer.
Myself along with 38 other mom and dad bloggers have joined to form the MoDSquad – each of us represents a week of a healthy pregnancy, with 39 weeks being full term. As parents, we’ve chosen to unite for a great cause, and would love for you to join us!
How can you make a difference?
Impact from the generous gifts that the March of Dimes has received has funded important research and programs that help all babies begin healthy lives. During Mother’s Day and Father’s Day when you shop or dine with March of Dimes partners, you will help continue their mission. Here is a list of participating merchants:
- Chef Emeril Lagasse has teamed up with Martha Stewart Living to help raise $30,000 for the March of Dimes! Diners can add a donation to their check at participating Emeril Restaurants in New Orleans, Las Vegas, Orlando and Charlotte. Donate during 4/26-5/10 and 6/7 -6/21.
- Beginning April 13th, fans can participate socially by uploading a picture of you or your baby and mentioning what you’re thankful for with the hashtag #THX2U, Martha Stewart Living will donate $10 (up to $350,000) to the March of Dimes #imbornto campaign!
- Customers of Bon-Ton stores (including sister stores) will receive a $10 of coupon for every $3 they donate to the March of Dimes at check-out. If a customer shops online and donates they will receive a 25% off coupon. Additionally, when a customer makes a $1 donation with a women’s fragrance purchase of $75 or more during April 30th-Mother’s Day, they will receive a free atomizer with the fragrance of their choice.
- Mud Pie will donate $2 to the imbornto campaign for every Bella Bar, Mom Bar and Mommy and Me jewelry item purchased for Mother’s Day. In addition, Mud Pie will donate 10¢ from each baby headband or sock purchase to the March of Dimes throughout the year.
- Celebrate mom with A&E Jewelers as they donate 20% of the purchase price from each brand new twinkling Swarovski encrusted sterling silver March of Dimes Enchanted “Healthy Beginnings” Necklace.
- Visit eBay’s Charity Shop for Mother’s Day gifts where proceeds from your purchase support the March of Dimes. Also, from May 4 – 11 you’ll be able to make a donation to the March of Dimes in checkout when making purchases on eBay.
- ALEX AND ANI have designed their Special Delivery Bangle to honor all mothers. The Special Delivery Bangle is available in pink or blue, and 20% of each bangle sold will benefit the March of Dimes.
- Celebrate mom with a gift of puppy love! From now until June 21 Kmart will donate $1 from the purchase of each mother/baby puppy ornament to the March of Dimes.
Dad’s are important too! I’ll be following up next month with participating sponsors for Father’s Day deals, so stay tuned! 🙂
Share your #imbornto messages with us below or on social media. We’d love to hear what you were born to do!